Prologue

How it all end

The music pumped loudly through the speakers of the club me and my friend, Delilah, had wondered into. We sat at the bar talking to the bartender and a guy who showed up beside us. Delilah sat straight up in a stool as she babbled on and about the college she was going to attend this year, bartender guy didn't look too interested. I leaned over my arm staring at the boy leaning against the counter. He seemed to be getting bored with my mindless chatter about books. He ended up cutting me off mid-sentence and asked, "So, want to have a drink?" He waved over the bartender before I could answer. "Yeah. I'll have a water, please. I have to drive home after this." The bartender was a little surprised by my request. He raised his eyebrow and asked "You want water? At a bar? I'll give you a beer and cut you off. Your friend hasn't had anything but lemonade." I nodded and he popped the cap off the bottle and sat it on a napkin. "Thanks." I turned to lean against the counter when I heard my name being called to my right. "Alex!!" I slightly moved my eyes in the direction of a tall black-haired male headed toward me with a beer in his hand. His eyes were an electric blue that I would recognize anywhere. "Hey Alex, Josh is wondering where you are." As he finally made it to me he began whispering in my ear, "He sent the whole pack after you. He's worried." My eyes grow LARGER as he sluggishly whimpered out the last sentence. Worried is not something I liked on Josh. It was worse when it was me he was worried about. I turned to the guy I had be conversing with and said goodbye. He nodded and Delilah tapped me on the shoulder. "What's Brian doing here?" "Josh is worried about me." She instantly understood and paid for her drinks. "No stay here and have fun," I objected as she pulled her keys from her purse. "I'm not having fun. I came because you wanted to get out." I sighed, "Okay, I'll see you at Josh's." With that I wrapped my arm around Brian's waist and pretended to be love stuck. By the time we made it to the parking lot, I couldn't stop thinking about what Josh was doing right now.

This is exactly what I needed from my alpha boyfriend.

Let me know what ya'll think or if there are any mistakes. Comment, vote, like.