Part 6

*1 Week has passed, Ignis and Sapph are on better terms and about to reach Tectus.*

I could tell we were getting closer. The trees began to scatter and the road began to become rocky hills that got taller and taller. In the distance I could see the mountain ranges stretched for the sky, and tell when it got dark and we would stop for dinner and to catch some sleep the light on the horizon that offered the general direction of the town the guild belonged.

Easily Ignis could have flown there, maybe an hour if he had to fly around the hulking rock giants that seemed to block our way not too far ahead. That was the first night I couldn't fall asleep. I sat up all night listening to the faded sounds of bats and nocturnal hunters of the night but never felt sleep call me.

I saw the sunrise, and nodded as the boys woke shortly after. Neither of them spoke more than to say how close to home they are or what they would do when they arrived.

"I miss MY bed. I have this little apartment right off the guild with the softest bed I could buy when I moved in." Ignis announced proudly, but I just listened with no actual want to speak.

"I'm going to hug my wife and see what trouble Dani got herself into in my absence." Wallow laughed happily, the conversation fading to silence as they both remembered Tectus fondly and I just gulped nervously at the prospect of starting an entire new life for a year.

"YES!" Ignis shouted as we passed through a hewn cavern like tunnel with old spell-work on the walls protecting it from flooding and cave ins.

"That excited to be in a cave, dragon boy?" I teased offhandedly. More of an instinct after two weeks being with them than a real insult.

"H*ll yes I'm happy! Last leg to Tectus through here." He laughed, dropping the illusion he had to show us his true human form that still hadn't phased me as so much different that he had to hide it from the world.

"Oh, cool." I mumbled, spurring Malfoy on to step ahead of the boys so they didn't see the nervous gleam in my eyes or worryful habits I'd developed.

Even though I was a mess of nerves and barely contained self consciousness I did gasp as we exited the tunnel about an hour later into Tectus. The city itself was beautiful, and all through the town were carefully hewn rivers that pushed boats carrying stacks of goods to vendors who sold them along the waterway.

Without knowing anything about the city I could easily tell you where the guild was located because it stood above ll the other buildings gleaming a ways away from the city. Mountains protected the entire area beautifully, making it seem like a dream world than a well known city.

Mindlessly I followed Ignis and Wallow along a thin path around the city itself between the mountains and outlying homes towards the guild. Buidings lines each side fo the guild, appartments looking out onto the city, probablyt he ones that Ignis was tlakign about.

The guild wasn't as tall as I had imagined, in fact it wasn't more than three stories high. It was simply elevated from the city higher on the mountain that served as a backdrop to the city. I spotted several people walking about inside the guild as I left Malfoy to follow Wallow, who was welcomed back with shouts as he led me inside.

"Honey, i'm home." He shouted going up the stairs, I made a move to follow, but Ignis stopped me with an arm thrown like a barricade between me and the stairs.

"You old fool! How dare you not tell me we have a guest!" A woman equally as greay and kind looking ad Wallow stepped around the curve fo the stairs and shot down quicker than I had ever seen a woman up in years to do.

"Hi." I mumbled as she looked me in the face curiously.

"Charm, among other things a powerful mystic. Oh, a princess." She smiled, offering me her hand to shake.