Part 7

Picture above is Sapph's current style dress without the knife on the side.

"Please tell me we have a job?" I asked opening my door rubbing my eyes at the loud banging on my tiny apartment door. I'd regretted taking the apartment down the way from Igg the second I found him shifting through my fridge at 4am because the market wasn't open.

"Yep, and I have to pee." He called, dipping under my arm and rounding the corner before I could hear the slam of the bathroom door.

"Use your own!" I called grabbing my cup and pouring the coffee from the kettle with a sickly groan.

"That is no way to treat your only friend, princess. Pack a bag for three days, we are going up the mountain to clear out an infestation of Arachnids from the upper tunnels of the mines." He announced making me aware of the bag slung across his shoulder.

"Fine, but I expect my cup of coffee to be here when I'm done." I hissed, rushing to change from the soft robe covering the soft cotton pants and thin tunic I wore to sleep. It had started to get cold in the last few days so I'd opted to bring the skin tight pants I usually wore under my dresses in the winter unknown to anyone but me.

"How far up the mountain are we going?" I asked, slipping my shoes on and downing the rest of my coffee in one go that scalded my throat as I swallowed.

"Most of the way, it's just you me and Carlos. there is no way for Dani or Holly to make it up in time to contain the infestation so we are flying." He smirked making me sigh. Looks like I'm about to have to teach yet another animal to fly. What joy......

We met up with a excited looking Carlos right behind the guild, making me sigh slightly as he looked ready to shift at any moment.

"Cool it, it is still way too early for either of you to be cheery!" I snapped, heading to the armory for a few basic weapons I could use as human. A pair of throwing knives, a dagger, and a thin lock pick in case we were to find locked gates instead of open tunnels.

"Shut it Igg!" I cawed as Carlos got caught in an unexpected gust and spun out of control towards the ground. I'd easily figured out that Ignis could understand me in my dragon Helix form, but Carlos wasn't so lucky. Oftern I found myself having to pass on an insult to Ignis that Carlos couldn't understand, and Ignis with my flying advice.

I dropped like a stone faster than the small hawk identacle to Heron who was happily flowing me as I dropped and knocked Carlos out of the flips he was currently doing so he could fly correctly. We caught up with Ignis who had already started to take off towards the natural cave that had served as the opening to start the mining within the mountain backing the guild.

"Five out!" Carlos shouted over the wind, making me and Igg flinch at the sharp sound. It hadn't occoured to Carlos that with the advanced hearing capabilities of a helix and dragon that the shrill cried would hurt.

"Five out." I translated in a less shrill voice. He nodded, looking to the horizon for the entrance we were apparently rather close to.

It cam eout of nowhere, barley noticeable along the rocky slopes that blended into one long rocky line after two hours of flying.

"We should be human. See if it's Aracnids o something more.... Violent." I told Ignis as we landed, making him relay it to Carlos before he stepped around a small ledge to let me transform human.

Carlos did the same, his head faced away as I quickly pulled one of the dresses on and clamped the belt around my waist before pulling on the tight ridding pants that were warm enough I barley felt the chill of the mountain air even this high up on the mountain.