3

lacey woke up shortly after we got home , I layed her in her bed , while I made us tacos . I heard soft foot steps coming from the hall , I waited until I saw her little body walk over to me hugging my leg .

" whats wrong baby ? " I asked my little girl . she looked up at me with sad eyes .

" first day of school is tomorrow , im so scared daddy , it'll be the first time im not with you . " tears came down her face . it broke my heart seeing her like this .

" lacey baby , its okay , you'll meet new friends have a cool teacher , ill take you there and ill bring you lunch and then you'll see me right after school waiting for you at the stop sign. " I said softly running my fingers through her curls . I bent down and held her in my arms .

" daddy they all have mommies and I have a daddy , is mommy gonna be there ? " she asked the question I been trying to ignore .

" baby , your special you have a daddy and not a mommy there are alot of people like you , some have a mommy with no daddy and some are like you , they have a daddy with no mommy . " I said trying to make it sound good but I suck at making up thing and she wasn't convinced .

" but I want a mommy and a daddy . " she softly said.

" I know honey , but your moms decided she wasnt good enough for you , and she left . " I sighed hugging lacey .

" well im glad you stayed daddy , she does not deserve our family . " lacey was angry , her eyebrow came together and she had an angry frown on her face.

" well lets have tacos . " I said trying to lighten up the mood , wiping the tears from under her eyes.

" you suck daddy . " she laughed while sitting in ' her ' chair , she didnt allow anyone to seat in her chair not even her uncle luke , she painted her chair , it was blue with pink butterflies that she stamped on it .

" tacos , tacos , tacos are my favorite . " lacey singed to herself . I laughed at my silly little girl and made her a plate with two tacos on it .