11

" daddy wake up! " lacey yells into my ear. i groan and slowly open my eyes. lacey has her head resting on her hands , looking at me with a cheeky smile on her face. i smile at her and slide out of the bed. i stretch , letting out a long sigh.

" lets go pick out your outfit for the day. " i say picking lacey up and carry her into her room. i drop her onto the bed and walk over to her closet.

" i want to wear the yellow dress. " she said pointing to the light yellow sun dress. i grab it along with her white sandals. she gets dress while i go to my room and pick out an outfit. i grab a black tee with a yellow button up over it and some black skinny jeans. i quickly get dressed and brush my teeth.

" daddy! " lacey shouts from her room. i make my way to her room and find her stuck with her head half way through the hole , " it won't go over my big head. "

i laugh and try to find out the problem. " lacey , you have to unbutton the dress before you put it on " i say laughing. i undo the button and the dress slips on. she shrugs and gestures me to button it back.

" how do you want your hair? " i ask grabbing her brush. i begin to brush through her curls and put some detangler in it.

" i want it in a ponytail. " she says handing me a hair tie. i put her hair up and help her put her sandals on.

" wow we look so cute. " i say grabbing my phone. i sit down on her bed and pull her onto my lap. i put it on camera and we take some selfies until her tummy starts to growl.

" someone's hungry. " she says poking her tummy. i busted out laughing , causing her to laugh. her eyes crinkle like mine do when i laugh. i just look at her , admiring. she stops laughing and looks at me as well.
" why are you staring at me daddy " she asks tilting her head.

" you are just so beautiful. " i say picking her up and hugging her. she giggles and looks up at me.

" youre ok " she says pinching my cheeks. i tickle her sides and put her down. she runs away , i chase her into the kitchen and scoop her up. she lets out a loud laugh and a small snort comes out. she looks at me with wide eyes and i laugh hysterically. lacey climbs into her chair and plays with the salt shaker.

" what do you want for breakfast? " i ask her. i open the fridge and look around.

" i want breakfast tacos. " she says with a big smile. i look at my watch and see i have 30 minutes until we need to leave. i grab the eggs , breakfast sausage , and a potato.

" would you like to crack the eggs into the bowl while i cook the sausage? " i ask her. she nods and gets out of her seat to grab a bowl and a spoon. i hand her 4 eggs and she cracks them into the bowl. i grab a pan and begin to cook. after a few minutes the food is done. i warm up some tortillas and make me and lacey two tacos each. she eats her tacos quickly , not even letting me finish mine. i look at her and raise an eyebrow.

" what? i was hungry " she says getting up and putting her plate in the sink. i finish mine and wash our dishes. lacey goes and gets her school stuff. i grab my phone and wallet.

" lets go before were late. " i say helping her with her bag. she opens the front door and walks to the car. i lock the door and help her into her carseat. i give her a high five and make my way to the drivers seat. i get in and we head to school.

" can i invite Miss.James over for dinner this week? " lacey asks. i think for a minute.

" yes , you can invite her over but invite her thursday , just so i have time to prepare. " i say looking at her through the mirror. she nods and a small smile forms on her face.

" also lacey , you have dance practice tonight. so right after school we can go shopping for some clothes for dance. and do you want me and your uncles to come to lunch today? " i ask her as i pull into the schools parking lot.

" okay and yes , please make it this time. " she says unbuckling herself. i get out of the car and open her door. she climbs out and grabs her backpack from me.

" i promise i will be here honey. " i say squatting down and kissing her head. she grabs my hand and leads us into the school. we walk to her classroom and Miss.James welcomes us.

" hello lacey! and Mr.Hood. " she says smiling at us. i smile back and lacey lets go of my hand to go put her stuff away and find her plans.

" what time if her lunch? " i ask Miss.James.

" at 12:05 " she says looking at me for a minute.

" okay thanks " i say , Miss.James nods and walks away. lacey runs over to me and hugs me.

" bye daddy , see you later " she says giving me a kiss on the cheek , " i love you! "

" i love you too pretty girl! " i say hugging her back. she lets go and runs back to her friends. i walk out of the classroom and back to my car.