5. Feather Dusters Are Dangerous Weapons

Bethany's POV

"Beth!" someone yelled, banging on my bedroom door.

I rolled over and groaned. Six in the morning in summer, and someone was waking me up? I've never been a morning person.

"Beth, come on! We gotta go-o!" the same person hollered, still pounding insistently on the door.

Getting an idea, I reached over and grabbed my hot pink feather duster and rolled out of bed. Stealthily I tip-toed across the floor and crouched by the door in anticipation. Whoever that was, was gonna get it.

"Bethany!"

One.

"You sleep like a rock!"

Two.

"If you don't wake up, I'm gonna go in th-"

Three!

I swung the door open and pounced on the not-so-innocent girl I call my cousin. Using my fluffy weapon, I tickled her mercilessly, making her laugh.

"Beth, stop!" Caroline giggled as tears streamed down her face, "Uncle, uncle! I didn't mean it!"

Ignoring her pleas, I continued to tickle her, using one arm to hold her down gently.

"Payback's a bitch!" I laughed along with her.

"No, I'm gonna pee! Geez," Caroline gasped for air in between wild fits of laughter.

Suddenly I stopped and picked up the feather duster, releasing her.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked at her.

"Sorry," she smiled innocently, sticking out an arm for me to help her up.

I sighed dramatically and pulled her upright. "So? What was that about anyway?"

"We're going shopping, dummy!" Caroline grinned.

"What?" I mumbled, confused, as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "I thought you had other plans."

"Well, I did," she replied hesitantly, "But I decided I should spend today with you, like we planned."

"Well," I rolled my eyes sarcastically, "Don't do me any favours."

"Oh, stop being such a brat and get dressed," Caroline got up and walked away, leaving me in the hallway.

I went to my room and got changed; I wore a low-cut grey tank top, light wash cropped jeans, gladiator sandals, and a soft lavender-coloured hoodie. I pulled my hair into a braided topknot, flicked on some mascara, and shuffled to the kitchen, where Caroline was waiting.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, grabbing my purse from the counter.

"Duh," she stuck her tongue out at me immaturely.

"Shut up," I waved a hand at her dismissively, "I'm driving."

We arrived at nearest city's mall and I headed straight to Aeropostale. We both picked up some jeans and hoodies, and then consecutively went to American Eagle and Target. Around noon, Caroline jabbed me with her elbow.

"Ow," I grumbled, "What?"

"Let's go eat at Dairy Queen," she told me.

I sighed, "All right, let's go."

She practically dragged me there, texting while we walked. She pulled me down into a booth and sat next to me. I looked up to see Matt and Tyler sitting across from us, Matt opposite me and Tyler opposite Caroline.