Chapter four

We all woke up at 5 a.m., to get ready for the party we had to play.

When I went downstairs, I saw Mom was in the kitchen laying out our stuff. I walked up to her and gave her a big hug along with one of my “famous” smiles.

Mom: Hi Tins, I missed you guys. Are you ready for the party today?

Me: we missed you too, yeah.  Gan and Hal are still sleeping I think. Maybe they are up already, not sure at all.

Mom: Okay, I have the playlist on the table for you guys. You all need to get a shower and get ready. I think it's going normal weather so skirt or whatever.

          I headed back upstairs and into my room.  Got everything I was going to need to get in the shower, and then headed into my bathroom to get ready.

After about 20 minutes, I got out and decided to get dressed and do my hair.

Gannon walks into my room, wearing a floral Hollister dress with her hair wavy.

Then Halston comes in with a pink floral dress on, and I look down at my dress, we're all wearing floral and our hair is a bit different. We all laugh at our outfits then walk out of my room; Mom was standing at the end of the stairs. She told us it was time to get going, that all of our stuff was in the car already.

An hour later we arrived at the party and got our guitars and headed to the front door.  The little girl’s mom answered the door and told us we can go ahead and go to the back and get everything set up. If we needed help we could ask her nephews that were out there with the birthday girl. All 3 of us grab our stuff and set up.

I turn around and see Connor, Riley and Toby playing with his little girl.  Gannon was right next to me so I nudged her to look behind us; she did and looked at me with a shocked look on her face. I was about to laugh until Toby comes over and hugs all 3 of us and tells us he can't wait to see us play again.

 Everything was ready and it was time for us to start singing. We all sat down on the chairs that were setting out for us to sit in. I looked to Halston and nodded for her to start playing her part. We starting playing, not even half way through the song everyone was singing with us. I look around and start smiling like crazy, mom was taking videos and pictures for us. Gannon starting singing glowing by Nikki Williams. After an hour of playing we got to enjoy the party a little before we left. We said goodbye to the little girl whose name was Lily and her family. I grabbed my bag and stuff then headed out to the car and waiting for everyone.

Halston comes out to the car and tells me that Toby was telling her that Connor hasn’t been himself lately and he’s only home a couple times now and never talks.

Could I be the reason for this? I don’t even know what to do right now.