Chapter 5: The Situation

Sneaking through the corridors of the Academy was not a hard thing, but the whole horde of the Celestial Twelve sneaking through the corridors was impossible. Many students had gathered to watch the Gathering of the Celestial Twelve, and only Corvan's usual, slightly more grumpier frown scared them from getting to close.

Aneeka growled, "This is impossible. Corvan, tell those brats to go mind their own business." Corvan growled back, "You think I haven't tried that?" After a while, the crowd finally dispersed, and the group quickly moved on. 

 They were almost at the door when an alarm blared through, "Dear students, there has been an accident, Chavi Arden and Valeriana Kerrigan has been missing, Valeriana was kidnapped by demons, and Chavi remains to be seen. Please assemble at the Great Hall for further instructions."

When the Celestial Twelve arrived, the students were buzzing excitedly in the great hall, The headmaster Kylon calmed them down. "Now, students, this Academy has decided to launch the Ancient Quest." 

Silence, then the talking began.

The Ancient Quest was an extremely dangerous quest, where one tracks down the Great Demon. The demon appears once one hundred years, it is not the Demon Lord, but powerful enough. The people who go on the quest has to undertake the ritual, namely, the Ordeal of Power and Strength, and the Ordeal of the Mind. 12 gets to go. The whole Academy participates, but it was usually the Celestial Twelve. Unfortunately, Valeriana will not be participating.

"So one person from the Academy will probably join us," Corvan thought, "some students will not even participate." The Quest was not always successful, many had died, and even the Ordeals can be dangerous.

The King stepped out from behind the shadows, the King himself. Everyone gasped and quickly kneeled. He smiled reassuringly at the students, but with worry clear in his eyes, after all, this Quest is only launched once a year. Then the King spoke,

"Let the Ordeals commence!"

_____________________________________________________________

Valeriana stared at Chavi, her long time best friend. The demons bowed and backed away, while Chavi attained a pained expression. "Help me Valeriana, they are controlling me with potions!" But Valeriana focused her vision and looked at Chavi's aura.

She had never noticed it before, but Chavi's aura has visible darkened, "Black," Valeriana thought, "the color of demons." 

So she just ignored Chavi. The demons came again and forced Chavi to drink down a green, glowing liquid, but Valeriana could tell by the liquid's aura, that it was nothing but water mixed with green vegetables. "But they didn't know that," Valeriana thought, "maybe I will play along."

But before she could act, a dark aura entered her sensitivity, a very, very dark aura. Darker than any demons she had sensed before, then a great, black demon with hulking black wings appeared. It had the body of a dragon, with a start, Valeriana realized, that this black demon....

.....was Chavi's familiar.