Chapter 1- Liberated

The colour of my blood is red, the
lipstick I wear is blood red.
My eyes are black and if I'm lucky enough, maybe one day they'll become blood red.
The colour of my blood is red.

I wasn't quite sure until I found myself strung out on my bathroom floor; staring at my long frame, even curled up on the floor, you could still tell that I was a tall girl.
There I was, staring at the mess I made.

†††††††††††††††††

It's my first day at this school, Liberty Cage High; I mused at the name. Was this a joke?
I said as I made my way up the stairs, I sure hope this school year would just be smooth. I don't wanna move again. This time I'll try to stay under ground and hopefully not get noticed by anyone, I just can't stand anymore bullshit and drama. I made it clear when I wore my black Gucci jacket - the one with the hood, my black Apple bottom ripped jeans, a pink crop top and my pink Prada strap ups, along with my black cheetah print Prada knapsack. So much for staying under the radar huh? But designers were all I have and those were the simplest clothes I could find.

I made my way to the councillor's office, I could find it because I had been here the week before, when the school was empty.
"Ms. Rose, come on in and have a seat."
I sat down.
The man before me is pudgy and sweating profusely, even with the air conditioner on. I'm guessing the devil had the heat on him personally.
He handed me my class schedule, I looked at it. Do you need me to assign a personal guide for you until you get settled? I heard him but I was already making my way to the door.
Fuck no. I don't need anyone to "guide" me.
I chuckled inwardly, "Naa, sir. It's fine. I can handle things on my own."
He nodded and I headed to the second floor, I had French. This ought to be interesting.

My teacher is short, he's squinting at something on the paper. He notices me, I avert his eyes and he smiles and sweeps his dirty blonde hair from his eyes. He is about to clear his throat and probably announce my presence. I held unto his gaze and said no with my eyes.
I knew he understood me but his lips separated anyways.
"Classe, c'est mademoiselle Rose." My name lingered on his lips as I groaned and about 15 heads stared my way.
Here goes.

I walk in slowly, I wave then smile. Why did I smile? Tell us about yourself I heard him say in his knock off french accent.
"It doesn't matter, I won't be here long enough to get to know any one of you."
Cold. But its just the way my life is.
I saw the odd stares the class shared and the mumbling that transpired after. I made my way over to the available window seat and held my head down for the remainder of the class. I could feel their stares, but I kept my head down and said nothing.

†††††††

I might not even finish this class. French, what the fuck was I thinking? I wasn't going to be someone, I wasn't going to make it out alive. I'm stuck here and no one here gives a fuck about French, but he insisted on us going to school. It was his way of saying sorry, for giving us a few hours to ourselves to make something of ourselves. He wasn't letting us escape.. He was giving us an inch of freedom to escape for a few hours. He was giving us the opportunity of trying to become someone but ultimately our final fate will be to become nothing. That was his life for us. That was the way I lived, we lived for 10 years.

He noticed me staring down at my plate, "You ain't hungry Red?"
I nodded, "I just don't wanna throw up on any clients tonight."
He laughed. A laughed that sickened my very core.
It was time to get ready, I excused myself from the table and my sister followed me upstairs and into the bathroom.
She plants a kiss on my lips and I kiss her back, you be safe I heard her say as she helped me get undress.
"I will, don't worry."
I turned to her and kissed her again.
She brought me an outfit and waited for me on the bed. I showered knowing I'd have to take many more before I felt clean again. I shaved my legs and lather my hair with strawberry and coconut.
When I got out the shower my sister was curled up on the bed sleeping.
Thank God for that.
I smiled at the mini skirt and pantyhose she had laid out, I threw them on with an Armani trench coat and my 6 inch Rosi deli stilettos. I sprayed on some powder fresh perfume and rub the red lipstick tube over my full lips. I smiled at the girl in the mirror as I did my make up, covering up Scarlett and letting Red shine. Tonight was about her after all. I got my hair in a ponytail. I hated ponytails but he had requested it and I knew immediately I was in for a massive headache in the morning.

I made my way downstairs and to the front door where a silver porche was waiting. Carlos is my driver, he's been driving me since last year. He's a young hot Hispanic but he doesn't even notice that I have the hots for him. He probably doesn't want rotten cabbage anyways.
He comes up to me, I'll call him John for your sake, but he doesn't have a name. At least he never told us and we never spoke to him unless he addresses us first.
"Now Red be a good girl, I got a good price on this sucker. Make him enjoy it. You'll be back in time for school, if not I'll pay you for the overtime."
He kisses my forehead.
I nod and make my way into the passenger seat beside Carlos. I lean my head on the window and I notice him staring at me.
I smile.