Chapter 4- Don't go playing Hero

The Next Morning

The sun crept up on my face as I sat up in the bed. I was a bit dazed and when I finally understood where I was my heart started pounding in my chest.
Fuck!!

"Carlos, wake up! We fucking slept in!" I was shaking him hysterically. I couldn't believe this shit.
John was gonna kill us for sure.
Carlos shuffled around in the bed before rubbing his eyes; his hand stretched up and groped on my perfectly circular perky white breasts. He kissed each one, beginning with the right.

"I'm prepared to die for you." I saw the sadness in his eyes.
Shit.

"Stop talking rubbish." I ran my fingers through my dark auburn back length hair, that fell over my breasts.

I felt Carlos leave the bed, but I was locked in a haze, my eyes didn't follow him.

I was too busy thinking of a plan to concoct in giving John a reason for my absence. I glanced at the clock on the wooden console beside the bed, it was 6:12 am.

I still had enough time to go home and get ready for school. I could tell John I got abducted, someone jacked me.. I was raped or beaten up, but what of Carlos, what would his excuse be?

I rushed out the room to find him, and realized I was naked, I quickly went into the bathroom attached to the room.

I washed my face and rinsed out my mouth; I stared up in the mirror and examined my face, I was about to take a beaten for this shit. Just cause a nigga wanted some of this pussy and I was dumb enough to give it up and for free at that. John was gonna have my head.

I wrapped my hair up in a bun that rested on the top of my head, I went for my backpack and took out my pouch, I lightly applied my make up and then lightly touched up my lips with a nude lipstick. I blinked a couple times, I tried to get my head straight but I couldn't.

I only had hours to live. I couldn't think about nothing. Then my sister flashed in my head. Holy shit.

I hoped John didn't touch her. How could I be so foolish? I had to get home.

I drew on the clothes I wore the day before and sank my feet into my flats. I hurried downstairs where I found Carlos in the kitchen putting the final touches on breakfast.

He turned around, almost startled by my presence. I glared at his chiseled features. I hadn't notice them last night because the lights were off. He was hella fine.

I looked at him oddly as he smiled and placed a plate of freshly scrambled eggs, strips of bacon, slices of toast bread and a bunch of grapes and a few slices of pineapple along with a glass of milk.
Inwardly I was impressed.

"Carlos aren't you worried?" I whispered to him as if someone was watching us.

He smiled at me, "He went out of town, its totally okay."

I sighed, I was a bit relieved but still worried.

After we ate breakfast in silence Carlos took me home. I needed to get to school.

††††

"Where have you been?" It was my sister's voice that greeted my ears, she looked like she hadn't even slept that night.

I kept my head down and avoided her prying eyes.

"You're lucky he isn't home. He would have killed us both. Use your head Scar, please. I hope it was worth it though. I'd give anything to go outside."

She kept on rambling as I scurried to the bathroom, I had an hour before school called.

"Scar..." her voice trailed off as I turned on the shower, she was still going on but I let my ears be filled with the noise coming from the faucet rather than her mouth.

When I got out the shower she was waiting on the bed rolling her eyes.
"So, where'd ya spent the night?" She was curious.

I decided to answer her as I let out a low sigh. She was driving me nuts with her curiosity.

"Well if you must know Alex, I spent the night at a nice quiet house."

She studied my face but that was all I was gonna give her; I held a stern gaze and she shrugged her shoulders. A sign that she wouldn't press the issue any further.

She got up to me and loosened my towel, it fell to the floor and settled around my ankles.
She was inspecting me.

"Instead of prying, make yourself useful and get me something to wear to school."

I saw the hurt in her eyes but it was for her own good. She handed me my red mesh undies, matching bra, a nude blazer, and a red body dress complimented by nude flats.

A bit much for school, but I was impressed. I hurriedly got dressed and kissed her deeply. My eyes told her I loved her and she held my gazed.

I love you too she mouthed.
I grabbed my cheetah book bag and rushed out the house. Carlos was waiting for me in a Gold Range Rover.

"Where in the world you jacked this whip from?" I asked hopping in the front next to him. I allowed my body to melt on the leather seat. Shit. This was one of the many perks that came with this wretched life. I was enjoying it.

"New Shipment," I heard him say. I simply nodded as I fiddled with the radio.

Apart from the new Rihanna song coming from the radio, we rode in silence. I concentrated on the road, nothing thinking about last night with Carlos, we hitched a lucky break. I had to be careful next time. 

Next time. What the hell was I thinking?  I turned my head to Carlos and noticed his Hispanic features, he took everything from that lady in the photograph.

He smiled after catching me staring. I turned my head, trying not to become unnerved. I wasnt one to fall in love, I hope he knew that.

★†★†★†★†★

We pulled up at the entrance of my school and much to my dismay, the bell hadnt gone off yet.

Everyone was outside. I saw them ooggling and even though I was trying to stay incognito, the jealousy that panged Jessica's face was priceless and made me smile sheepishly.

A group of guys were coming over to inspect the wheels, they had no idea who was inside because the windows were up and tinted. I was about to step out and make my big debut when Carlos held my hand.

I turned to my Hispanic hottie and pecked his cheek. "Don't make me, make you fall in love Carlos. The hero and the whore, don't do that to yourself."

I stepped out.