Chapter 8- Keeping Insanity At Bay

"I haven't had my first time yet
I want it to be special.
Maybe an under the stars romance; what do you think Scarlett?" She paused, "Have you had your first time yet?"

       I was caught up in the rain that was falling, listening to it intently as I watched the droplets of rain kiss the window pane and in that moment, I wanted nothing more than to be normal.

Normal.

I really wasn't myself, its been 6 fucking months and some weeks since John had us in the Valley, he was getting comfortable.

Too comfortable? Did this small town really needed "private prostitutes" ?

Private prostitutes, that's how he stated it. He wouldn't dare have us, his precious girls, his money makers, roaming on the streets, giving ourselves up for small dollars.

No, he made sure he only sent one or two girls to clients. He ensured these clients were affluent.

Always affluent.

He said it was for our own good. He had our best interest.

He just got us hooked on dick. 

He was trying his best not to use me up though, I was his alpha in more ways than one.

But this life, this life was getting heavy.

"On God Scarlett. I hope you aren't a virgin."

Matt's last comment jerked me back into reality. I hadnt realized how lost I was in my own thoughts, in the rain. They had been talking and I had been thinking.

I almost coughed.

I chuckled inwardly and stared between him and Alice. Both of them watching me with curious eyes. They wanted so badly to know my angle in life, but they weren't ready for the wicked games I played.

I blinked twice.

"Oh my sweet baby Jesus!" Alice squeeled.

"Who was the lucky bastard?" Matt finished her sentence with less enthusiasm.

Bastard wouldn't have been my ideal word choice.

I laughed at the two before saying, "Guys, this Rose hasn't been deflowered."

Hope that was convincing. I only lied to prevent them from prying.

How I lost my virginity wasn't a story worth telling. 

Matt sighed in relief.

Alice eyes gleamed, glad for the company. Poor naive Alice.

The subject of Virginity was super touchy for me. Afterall, Alice believes she should have a say in who or when, when she's ready.

But in my life... Fuck who... Literally you have to... And fuck when, cause yeah, that's already been decided. So don't think it's even remotely up to you to decide of you're ready.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was thirteen years old.

The calendar said October 1st. I was real excited for Halloween, John had promised he'd let us dress up and go get candy.

How stupid I was in believing him, but I wanted to believe. We hadn't seen outside since that fateful day he took us.

I wanted nothing more than to grab my 10 year old sister and run. Run like Forrest Gump, run like Flash, run like Bolt. I needed to bolt out of there.

It had been just us five: Ashley, who was 15 at the time, me, Alex, this other girl I can't remember, her body long gone- a lesson we should never, ever try to run away and John.

We were a family he said.

And we had to "work" to maintain that.

So on this sunny October morning, he took me outside. Ashley was cursing up a storm. She felt the urge to protect me and I hadn't understood why.

Not until it happened.

There was a black jeep waiting. I had to squint my eyes so hard just to let them adjust. I'd been locked in for so long. It was like we were far away from my town, nothing seemed familiar, there were no trees. Just an abundance of buildings and factories with black smoke so thick, it was a miracle how I kept breathing.

No wonder they couldn't find us.

Darkness had us, and he hid us perfectly.

I tried glancing back at the house but John wanked my head around. The pain was immeasurable; until I later found something much more painful.

"Now listen Fire fox, all you have to do is sit in the car for a few minutes and then we'll get candy. It's just a game you have to people with Mr. Bunny. Okay?"

I looked at his face, he was so close to me. I could smell the remnants of breakfast and cigarette still lingering on his breath. I wanted nothing more but to choke him, but my feeble hands were nothing compared to him.

He nudged me towards the car and indicated that he would be here waiting for me.

   With wobbly feet, I took my first time into this life and discovered the real hell that those people preached about.

In the black jeep there was a man dressed in an immaculate suit. He had the makings of a politician.

He smiled at me and said, "Wow, you're so beautiful. Look at that hair. Red. Come here little Red, sit on daddy's lap."

   The glass were so tinted I couldn't see John, I got up timidly and sat on his lap. Within minutes he was kissing me and not on my cheeks or forehead like John or my sister kissed me. He had his tongue swirling inside my mouth, there was a hot taste of strong liquor that subsequently burned my chest in the process. I started feeling weird and bit his bottom lip.

   That excited him, I could tell by the glint in his eyes. He rubbed his hands over my underdeveloped breasts before taking my clothes off and spreading me out on his leather seats.

   He was on his knees now.
And my eyes were shut, praying God wasn't looking at me.

I had no idea what pedophilic sex meant, but I was about to find out.

"How old are you?"

"Thirteen," my voice cracked. I hadn't realized I was crying.

  He grinned and began kissing my   inner thighs before invading me with his mouth. It tickled and I felt the strange urge to pee and I tried pushing his head from under my skirt but he wouldn't budge and so I released myself.

I swear I was going to get a slap to my cheeks, but peeing on his face only seemed to excite him even more. His eyes glared with love and passion. They were looking at me as if I had just saved him.

  He pulled his pants down and immediately I regretted using his face as a bathroom.
He pulled me down on his member and the last thing I remembered was letting out a blood curdling scream.

    "Earth to Scarlett!"

Alice looked at me worried.

Matt spoke up, "Scar, don't you feel that?"

"What?" My voice was hoarse.

I followed his eyes and say that I had unknowingly impaled my arm with the fork I had been using. There was a little blood and suddenly I felt what he was referring to.

   I felt my sanity depleting and I wanted nothing more than to run away from them, from this life.

But I groaned before letting out a fake whimper. After all,the pain didn't scare me.

  All I had to do now, was try keeping insanity at bay.