Freedom

---Martha---

Freedom.

That one word hung in my mind the whole bus ride.

Freedom.

We were free from the maze, free from WICKED, and free from death for the time.

I sat next to Newt on the bus, with my head on his shoulder. His arm was around my waist, holding me close and steady. "I told you nothing would bloody happen." He whispered in my ear.

I nodded and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Newt later shook me awake and pulled my half asleep body out of the bus, and into a big concrete building.

We were lead down several hallways until we were in one large room.

And the first thing I saw? Pizza.

The familiar smell lingered in my nose as I walked over and downed four then five pieces.

"Slow down, love. You'll make yourself sick." Newt smiled beside me.

I nodded and sat back in my seat.

"Martha, Taylor, and Teresa follow me." One of the guards in black said.

Newt gave me a worried look as I whipped my face and stood. "I'll be fine babe." I said giving him a peck. "See you tomorrow." I said kissing Thomas' head.

"No kiss goodbye for Minho?" Minho pouted.

I kissed his forehead and looked around the room. "You boys get some sleep, alright?" I ordered. "Last thing I need on my hands are grumpy gladers."

They all nodded in return.

I turned and walked with Teresa and Taylor to our room. It had several sets of bunk beds with pjs at the end of each, and a bathroom at the back.

The guard shut the door behind him.

"Your such a mom Mart." Taylor laughed.

I shrugged picking up my pjs. "I call first shower."

"No way. I havnt taken a shower in days." Taylor said walking in front of me. I groaned and sat at the end of my bed.

"I'm Teresa." The coma girl stuck out her hand. I shook it.

"Martha." I responded. "So how do you know my brother?" I asked.

"Thomas?" I nodded. "I have no clue. I don't even remember saying his name." She shrugged.

"Oh."

"How long have you known these boys."

"Since they came here." I sighed. "Now that Alby's gone I guess Tommy and I are the original Gladers."

"Wow." She said sitting on the bed across from mine. "And the British one?"

"Yaaaaa." I said smiling. "Newt."

"You two are dating?"

"Yes m'am."

"Cute." She smiled. "And Thomas?"

"Oh sorry Hun he's taken."

"By Taylor?" She asked.

"No by Minho." I said completely serious.

"Oh. Wow." She fidgeted uncomfortably.

"I'm joking, Taylor's his girlfriend."

"Oh, that makes more sense." She smiled.

Taylor walked out of the bathroom in her Pjs.

"You want to take a shower T?" I asked.

"No. I'll take one in the morning." She smiled.

I smiled back and walked into the bathroom.

I stopped when I looked in the mirror. I have never seen myself before.

I wasn't pale, but not super tan. I had dark blue/gray/yellow eyes. And medium length brown hair, like Thomas'. I was a bit thin, but stronger than I looked.

I turned on the water and stepped in after undressing. There was shaving cream, a razor in its package, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash already in the shower.

I shaved and washed my body, scraping off the dried blood and dirt off with the soap. I washed and conditioned my hair after.

I stepped out and dried myself off, and put my clean undergarments and pjs on.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and walked out. Teresa was already asleep. But Taylor was standing, looking in some drawers.

"We made it." I whispered.

She turned around and walked over to me, and hugged me. "Ya, we did."