Bad Feeling

---Taylor---

"Martha-" I said, stopping halfway when I opened the door.

"Get off my sister!" Thomas yelled.

Well this is gonna be interesting... I thought.

Thomas charged into the room and I grabbed his arm.

"Whoa," I said, grabbing his arm as he tried to pull away. "Let's give these two a moment to...erm...separate." I pulled him out, ignoring his protests.

"They were...what was that?" That was all Thomas could get out as he stared at the door. "My sister!"

"Calm yourself feisty pants," I moved him away from the door. "They're not kids anymore, you know. And I don't even think it was going anywhere past that."

"That still doesn't mean Newt's getting away without a chat," Thomas huffed.

"Don't kill the kid," I nudged him a little. "Or hurt him physically for that matter."

Newt and Martha walked out awkwardly, and Thomas pulled Newt into the other room.

"Sorry about that," she watched as Thomas and Newt walked into the other room.

"It's fine," I shrugged slightly, not knowing what else to say. "I had a little chat with Thomas. I made him promise he wouldn't kill or harm Newt. Although, he's probably getting an earful right now."

"Thanks Taylor."

"No problem. Next time I need something, I'll make sure to knock," I stifled a laugh.

"Definitely. What were you coming to ask about?" She turned to me.

"I don't remember to be honest," I admitted. I didn't remember what I was going to say due to many reasons.

The silence that followed wasn't too awkward. It was more of a comforting silence. We strained our ears and  could hear Thomas yelling at Newt from the other room. It wasn't too loud, but mainly because more than half of the Gladers were currently sleeping.

The two boys finally came out. Newt came out unharmed but definitely a little tense. Thomas followed after, and I grabbed his hand.

"You better now?" I asked.

"Yeah," he sighed. "Let's just get some food and some sleep. We all need it."

"Agreed," I nodded. I said bye to Martha and Newt and went with Thomas to our room. We grabbed the cans of beans and some sort of meat, a few water bottles, and sat on the bed and dug in.

"You think we can completely trust these guys?" I asked him in the middle of eating.

"I trust 'em," he replied, looking up from his food. "I mean, they might be Cranks but they seem trustworthy."

"Yeah. I just feel like something's gonna happen, ya know? I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it off."

"I know what you mean there," he finished his food and put it next to the bed. "But it's better than any other option we have at the moment."

"True," I shrugged, putting down my half-full can of food.

"You okay?"

"Not hungry. Just tired."

"Let's get some sleep then," he kissed my cheek quickly and lay down. I snuggled up next to him and fell asleep, the fear of something happening still there.

True to my suspicions, something did.