Chapter 10

A/N: Chapter 10. 10…

TEN.

I really didn’t think that I would get this far into the story. I was planning on abandoning it at like, chapter 3. But then I read the reviews and my inbox, and I must say that you people are really nice. I appreciate all of the feedback, and I am happy that many of you are enjoying this story.

All 500 hundred of you people. (P.s.-This chapter is a bit of a…”Omg, what?” kinda thing. It has some hints of…well…)

Chapter 10

________________________________________________

“Ch-Chief?” I stutter while backing into one of the large bookshelves. This is impossible. I must be hallucinating…

“Yes Raven. I am one out of the five.” She says coolly as she saunters her way over to me. I press myself harder against the dusty shelf. This has to be some kind of joke. This lady was supposed to keep her ass in the fucking sky. Not here, no way!

“Why are you here? I didn’t fuck anything up!” I yell back. I am petrified right now. I don’t know why, but it feels so…wrong that she’s here. It’s like seeing Jesus in your local grocery store.

Just…damn wrong.

She chuckles lightly, then somehow in the name of God, fucking transports right next to my face, causing me to scream loudly and run in the opposite direction of her.

“Calm down Raven. I am not the enemy here…” She says casually.

“Yea, I know! But, this is still pretty creepy!” I retort back.

“Raven.” She starts, her voice very calm and soothing. “I want you to regain yourself. Breath, and analyze your thoughts.”

I sigh uneasily, but I close my eyes and catch my breath as instructed, now feeling a bit calmer then before.

Still keeping my eyes closed, I straighten myself out and keep my head to the ground, my voice low and shaky.

“W-why are you here? Why are only YOU here?”

I can hear her bare feet pad over to me gradually.

“Well, to answer your first question, I am here to give you something of importance.” I look up hesitantly to see her grabbing a large, brown and gold book from in-between a volume of blue encyclopedias. I cock my head to the side as she swiftly walks closer to me and hands me the book.

“Uh…why thank you?” I say awkwardly as I take the ridiculously heavy book from her hands.

“Open it please.” She asks quietly, as if it would be that easy for me to.

Rolling my eyes at her, I sit down on the dusty floor. After heaving it open with both of my hands, I am pretty surprised at what I find.

It was one of those hallowed out books that you would hide money, a gun, or even porn inside. But, as exciting it would have been to see any of those things, I dumbly stare down at what it held.

I snort loudly.

“Seriously? A measly necklace?” I say as I pick up the old-looking accessory.

It was made of a thick, black twine that looked a bit worn out. It had a damaged bronze clasp, and a bit of hair stuck in between it. Avoiding that, I look at the dull ornament that was attached to the necklace. It was a fairly small bright yellow stone with an even smaller orange stone stuck in the middle. It was wrapped in an X with silver twine, and, rather messily, held in place by more of the thin metal. It was not the prettiest thing on earth…