CHAPTER 45

Manik's POV..
Nandini hadn't reached yet so I myself came out of my Cabin to look for her and the sight in front of me in corridor made me gasp..! Nandini was sharing chocolate with DAD..! I rushed towards them and she gave me glare.! And the next thing she did made me more furious..
"Sir..! Yahe hain wo monster..! Please Save me..!"She said dramatically and hide behind Dad..! Dad didn't spoke anything but kept staring at me..
"Nandini..! Enough of your drama..! Get lost and sit in my office..! Don't you dare to come out until I ask you to come..!"I shouted as loud as I could she gasped.! Shit ziada ho gya..! I am sorry..! Instantly tears welled up in her eyes and she ran towards my office..! As soon as she left..! Dad spoke..
"You shouldn't have scolded her like this..!"He said softly and I look at him all shocked..! Now what was he up to..!
"What happened to you all of a sudden haan? Why are you doing this drama? Hadn't I told you not to come here?"I shouted angrily and he look me calmly..
"You did actually...! But what to do I am your father and I am here for the last warning!"He said shrugging his shoulder..
"I don't need your warnings because I am least bothered to it..! Now out! Stay away from my wife..! If you ever dared to take advantage of her innocence trust me I will forget that I have some kind of relation with you!"I chewed each word and without waiting for his answer I stormed back to my cabin.! Where I was sure Nandini must be crying and gusa on me..! I opened the door of the Cabin carefully and saw a angry Nandini sitting on her table. I gulped the lump in throat and walked in..! As soon as I walked in she angrily banged a file on her desk and I scratched my head in confusion..!
"Baby..!"I tried to call her and suddenly she got up with files..! With that she walked towards my table and placed the files on my desk..
"Your files..! 'Sir'..!"She said coldly and I palmed my face..! There was no chances of settling her mood down..! She sat on her desk again and I had no choice to sat back on my seat..! I look at her she was going through some files anger was visible on her face..! What to do? Suddenly an Idea hit my mind and I smiled naughtily..! I intentionally banged my hand with the desk and shouted..
"Aahhh..! Ouch..! God..!"I whined like a baby and forgetting all her 'gusa' she run towards me..
"Aiyapaa Manik..! Kya hua ziada dard ho raha hai?"She asked worriedly all the time caressing my hand and without giving her any time to protest I pulled her in my lap. I smiled naughtily and she frowned..
"Jhooty..! Dramaybaz..!"She shouted slapping my chest continuously and I held her hand laughing loudly..!
"Main jhoota? Main dramaybaz? And what about you haan? My drama queen..!"I said naughtily touching her nose and she turned her face angrily..
"Acha baba I am sorry..! Mjy dantna ni chye tha..!"I immediately apologized and she shook her head. "Nahi mano ge?"I asked with a pout. Finally she look at me and smiled..!
"Ap ko itna gusa q aya?"She asked softly and rested her head on my chest..! What should I answer? Should I tell her about Dad? No fazool pareshan ho jye ge..
"Nandini..! One thing I want you to get clearly in your head and that is you won't talk to any stranger freely..! Baby this world is full of cruel people..! I don't want you in any trouble..! I want you to smile for me every second..! I can't bear a scratch on your baby soft skin..! You never know kay kon tmhy kis wakt koi haram pohancha day..!"I tried to clear my points in a riddle and thankfully she nodded..! I kissed her hair and hide her in my arms..! I entwined one of her hand with me and suddenly I noticed her Mehndi..
"Hey..! I didn't searched for my name..!"I said in a shocking tone and she giggled..
"Then search it..! And If you fail then I will get a gift..!"She exclaimed and I nodded..! Then sitting in the same position I started searching for my name. The design was not complicated I searched my name easily and I was about to spoke when I noticed Nandini's expressions..
"Kya hua? Haar gye na? Main jeet gai..! Yayyeee..! Now I will get my gift..!"She shouted happily on my pause and I smiled..! She was more happy in her little victory and my defeat..! So I too played along and nodded..
"Yeah..! Design is very complicated..! You won..!"I said softly and Gosh her excitement was priceless..!
"Mera gift?"She demanded immediately and I smiled..
"Kya chahye?"I asked tucking few strands behind her ear and she started thinking..
"Main thora soch kay btaoan?"She asked innocently and I kissed her cheek..
"Sooch kar bta dena..!"I said nodding my head and she too nodded..! Then again her face was in my neck and I was caressing her hair..
"Manik..! Aik baat pochoon?"Suddenly she spoke and look at me..
"Hmm? Ask?"My sixth was alarming me that she was going to ask something which must be not in our favor..
"That person was your father right?"She said in a serious tone and I sighed..! How can I forgot that her reflexes were extraordinary sharp..! There was no use of lying..
"Yes..! He was my father..!"I said in a casual tone and her expressions changed..
"He wants you to leave me hai na?"She asked vividly and I frowned..
"Pagal ho tum..! I won't leave you..! Come on baby you are my life..! My jaan..! Main tou tmhry bina saans bhi nahi lay skta..! Don't think rubbish..!"I scolded her and she nodded again..! Then hugged me tightly as if she had a doubt that if she will let me go I will vanish away..! Her insecurities were very high but It wasn't her fault..! The circumstances she has faced were enough to make her condition worse..! "Ab main thora kaam kar loon?"I asked after a lot of cuddling and she got off, my lap after pecking my cheek and muttering an I love you in my ear she walked to her desk..! Then I started working on files and she too started her work..! Almost an hour passed and I found a mistake in my file I turned my face towards Nandini to call her but the sight in front of me made me smile..! Nandini was sleeping peacefully with her head on desk..! The night was eventful and she hadn't slept well. I got up and walked towards her..
"Nandini?"I tried to wake her up and caressed her hair but no response.. I carefully picked her and she snuggled in my chest in response..! I couldn't resist but to peck her lips numerous times.. I laid her down on the mega size couch of my cabin..! The blazer she was wearing was not enough to fight with the cold so I took off my blazer too and wrapped her in it..! I too was feeling sleepy but thanks to my stamina as I had loads of work to do..!
----------------------
"Good afternoon bro!"I raised my head on the voice and saw Tiger standing in front of me..
"Hey buddy..! Kesa hai tu?"I became excited on seeing him here and got up to take him in a warm hug..
"Main theek..!"He said breaking the hug I saw something on his face! And that was 'content', 'peace'..! "Main Nandini ko dekhny aya tha..!"He said sheepishly scratching his head and I smiled..
"Meri wife hony say pehly she is your sister buddy..!"I said patting his shoulder and pointed towards a sleeping Nandini wrapped in my blazer..
"Why is she sleeping? Is she ok?"He asked worriedly and I nodded..
"She is fine..! Was a little stressed because of the sleepless night so she slept..!"I said casually and he released a breath. He slowly walked towards her and knelt near the sofa on floor. I was constantly noticing his gestures..! He was hesitant in touching her cheek he raised his hand so many time but didn't touched her. I walked near him and I too sat beside him..! "She always enjoys a deep and sound sleep..! She won't woke up if you will touch her..!"I said softly and he was constantly staring at her angelic face. Suddenly he got up with a jerk and backed off..! "Hey! What happened?"I asked worriedly and he shook his head..
"She will get hurt..!"He spoke vividly and I frowned..
"What kind of logic is that? Tiger try to act like a mature guy..!"I said angrily not raising my voice that much kay it disturbed Nandini's sleep..
"If I will keep a relation with her, Dad...! He will come to know..! What if he tried to harm her?"He spoke horrified and I sighed..
"I don't know why this nave soul has to bear everything in this world! My Dad's intentions are wrong your Dad's intentions are wrong I really don't know what to say!" I chuckled sadly and he look at me shocked..
"What your Dad want?"He asked horrified and I narrated whole story..! "I won't bear a scratch on her skin Manik.!"Tiger spoke staring at her face as I finished my 'raam katha'...
"I know bro! Even she is the only reason for me to live! Main bhi tolerate nahi kar skta! For that we have to fight together..! We have others too..! Ask Mukti and Alya not to hang around alone much!"I said in a serious tone and he nodded..
"Yeah..! They were going alone for shopping but I forcefully sent Jack and Max with them! Thank God I did..! Your father can do anything!"Tiger's eyes were fixed on Nandini's face whose breathing was still even that means she was in a deep sleep..
"I promise this time we will won..!"I said patting his shoulder and he nodded..!
"Will you keep staring? Go and touch her..!"I poked his shoulder and he smiled. He again walked to her and knelt near the couch..! He raised his hand and hesitantly touched her cheek..! He caressed her hair and pecked her temple..! Her next gestured made me smile as she held Tiger's hand in sleep..! He was shocked for a moment than he too gave in..! I again knelt beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder..
"She! She is so soft..! Just like she used be..!"He said softly and I felt a shimmer of wetness in his eyes..!
"She is still a baby inside..! She is strong though!"I told him about her and he smiled..
"Manik..!"She murmured in her sleep and I immediately held her other hand..
"Shhh..! Am here..! Am with you..!"I assured whispering in her ear and caressing her hair all the time..!
"She calls you even in her sleep..! You must be very special for her..!"Tiger spoke caressing her cheek and I smiled..
"We both have each other only..!"I said shrugging my shoulder while he nodded..! Suddenly she woke up fluttering her eyelids like a toddler and I gently gathered her in my arms..!
"Slept well?"I asked adjusting her in my lap and she nuzzled in my neck wrapping her arms around my waist..!
"Hmmm..!"She was still sleepy..! Tiger sat beside me and watched me pampering my baby..!
"Bhook lagi hai?"I asked patting her head and she again hummed..! "Kya khana hai?"I again asked..
"Busssh ap kay pass rehna hai..!"She said sleepily and I smiled..
"Main tou apny baby kay pass he hoon..!"I said kissing her hair and she hugged me more tightly..!
"Nandu?"Suddenly Tiger spoke and Nandini broke the hug with a jerk..!
"Bhai..!"She shouted loudly as well as happily and without a second thought she jumped in his arms. I smiled and Tiger hugged her back..
--------------