Chapter 7

(A/N- Sorry for such a short chapter! But I hope y'all enjoy it :)

 All eyes were on Lynette. The three of them were waiting for her to make up her mind on whether she could stay for dinner, and all that attention was literally killing her. But she wanted to stay and eat some Chinese food. She wanted to have some fun. She wanted to feel like a normal teenager and not some maid. The only thing waiting for her back home was a big pile of dirty dishes, ready to be scrubbed. She knew that if she stayed for some time, no one was going to worry about her. So she made up her mind.

“Are you three going to keep staring at me, or is someone actually going to order the damn food.” She said, much aware of the eyes boring into her.

“Oh come on, Lena.  You can’t- WAIT, WHAT? You’re staying?” Chanel’s voice clearly mirrored her surprise.

“We raised her well, friend.” Dean said, looking at Austin, who was grinning like an idiot.

“That’s something we expect Austin to say.” Chanel said, while she was busy making Lena’s hair.

“Yeeaah...I have a certain effect on people.”

                  Their talks continued into the night, as if they were old friends catching up after many years. Not once was there an awkward minute or a moment of silence which could not be filled up by some of Austin’s very entertaining comments or Chanel’s general rambles. Even Dean was having a good time, though he was not listening to the talks in the room. He was actually thinking about how he was never going to move from Sinclair. Never. He was sure he and Chanel could figure out a way to make things work here, in spite of the constant eerie presence of his grandmother.  He then looked at Lena, who was busy imitating her cousin, Caroline, who he had the privilege of meeting.

                This day was exactly what the four of them had needed and little did they know they would enjoy many more such days in the future.