Chapter 3 School

I was discharged from the hospital that day. "You'll be staying with us tonight and then tomorrow you will move into your own place" Kushina said while placing plates on the table. "kay" was the only reply she was gonna get. "Atari, you okay?" I heard Minato's voice ask laced with concern. "I'm fine" I mumbled. Why do people always ask stupid questions? I mean would you be okay if you watched as the people you loved where killed in front of you, their blood splattering across your face, staining your skin. My heart sank as the thoughts of the incident clouded my mind. We ate dinner in silence. I then went and slumped on the sofa and drifted off to sleep.

I was woken by Kushina hitting me over my head. "Get up, you'll be late" she said holding up some clothes. "Late?" I asked rubbing the sore spot of my head. "For school" she said bluntly. Why did I have to go to school? I sighed and took the items from my sister. I disappeared off into the bathroom to get ready. I looked down at my hands. My eyes betrayed me and allowed the salty liquid to leak out of them. I fell to my knees. I was broken. I wanted to see them one last time. How was this ever gonna get better. No I shouldn't feel sorry for myself, there are many people out there that worse off than me. I whipped my eyes. I then got in the shower and got dressed. I wore a red tank top with black shorts and a black denim jacket. My long crimson hair reached the centre of my back. I put a smile on my face. "Let's do this" I said inwardly sighing. I stepped out of the bathroom to find Kushina holding a pair of knee high boots. "Here" she said pushing them into my chest. They were beautiful. I had no other words to describe them, the where just heavenly. I sat down a pulled them on. "Now for the hard part" I said taking the laces and pulling them tight. "Can you even do them up?" Kushina asked putting her hand on her hip. I hid my face "No" I said feeling my face heat up from embarrassment. Kushina swatted my hands away and did them up for me. "Thanks, Kushina for everything" I said jumping on her. Kushina accepted my embrace "Now get going or you're gonna be late" she said pushing me towards the door. She slammed it shut behind me. Then I hit me I didn't even know where this academy was. I walked off in the direction where all the children of my age seemed to be walking.

I actually got there. I noticed a girl with black hair and passionate red eyes, which sparked hope into my heart. She smiled at me "You new?" she asked. Well I'm not old. "Yeah" I replied smiling. "Stick with me" she said sweetly. "So what's the name?" she asked sweetly. "Atari Uzumaki and you?" I asked scratching my arm. I can't stand small talk. "" she said noticing my discomfort. I sat next to Sparky in class (that's kurenai's nickname) I noticed a boy with hair that was defying gravity. "Sparky who's that" I asked pointing at him. "That's Kakashi Hatake" she said dismissing the name. "Hatake....I've heard that before" I mumbled to her. I noticed him glancing up at us so I waved. He seemed taken back that I acknowledged. He gave me some sort of closed eye smile which suited him because half of his face was covered.

School soon ended. That was pretty easy. A yawn made it way out of my lips. I wonder what my new home is gonna be like.

l+