13. Scabior

The smell of blood and fear hung in the air. The forest was quiet, no animal was making a noise, not even birds were singing their song. No there was not even a wind, that made the leaves rustle. Nevertheless there was one sound that was even more horrifying to Legolas than anything in the world ever could have been. It was the sound of a scream, the screech of a girl he knew very well that gave him goosebumps and made him shudder everywhere.

Please do not kill her, please do not kill her. The blond elf kept running as fast as he could, he didn't think about where to go, he just followed Hermione's screams. He really hoped she wasn't hurt and that he was able to save her, before it would be too late. In his stomach a feeling of illness started to spread; he was mad at himself for letting her alone with Harry – who seemed to make no efforts in saving her – and he was especially angry at himself for leaving her... Again. It hadn't been a great idea after all, Aragorn was right. He had not thought it through, he had just been afraid he would get hurt again, so he fled. Now because of that, she would get hurt.

Legolas' feet were sliding over the ground and he almost fell face down in the sand, when he came to an abrupt stand. It was the sight in front of him, that made him scold every witch and wizard in this world for being evil. There she was, the love of his life in front of his eyes and he could not reach her, since disgusting wizards encircled her and found the amusement in playing with her wickedly. At least now he knew that she was still alive. He turned to see if the former King and the dwarf already got behind him, but they were yet on there way, thus the elf chose to wait and see what would happen next, given that he was not fond of killing himself.

————————

"Don't come near me!" The witch turned around, raising her wand, to see what danger surrounded her. At least ten wizards closed in on her, making her feel restricted and made her gasp for air. She spun around, firing some spells - that sadly didn't do their work, because of Protego-spells - and tried to find an opening in the circle the wizards had made around her, hoping she could elope, but the moment she saw Scabior laughing at her again, she felt two strong arms surrounding her. She looked behind her to find it was Jonas who held her tight, so she couldn't move.

"Let me go!" she screamed in his ear, while she struggled in his arms, trying to escape his grip.

"Uh, no." The wizard answered amused. "This is just so much more fun."

The witch kicked back violently and hit Jonas' shinbone, the other wizards, that surrounded them, laughed loudly at the scenario.

"Ow!" Jonas howled, but he didn't let go of the witch, on contrary; he clutched her more tightly. "Well well, what little beast we have here." he laughed, but still with pain in his expression.

"Oh yes, she is something special, isn't she." Scabior closed in on Hermione and the wizard holding her. "I remember her well." The rough wizard with long brown hair and an ugly grin on his face was now standing in front of her. "Hello beautiful." He whispered as he was almost touching her. "You've even become prettier since the last time we saw each other."

"Leave me alone." The witch hissed through her teeth.

"You know it is such a waste that you're interacting with an elf. I really think you should change your sexual preferences." Scabior's mouth was now next to her ear and she could hear him breath intensely. "And since you are here alone, I guess the elf is gone, isn't he." His mouth wandered down her cheeks now, the young woman felt her body freeze, the only thing that moved was her body shaking. She knew what Scabior wanted from her and she knew nothing could stop him this time. She was alone, nobody had ordered him to catch her so no one was waiting for him to show up with Potter or someone else. He had just chased her for fun and fun was what he was going to get.