chapter 2

Chapter 2-Team
________________________________
(time skip four years)

(3rd p.o.v)

Ryuu stepped forward and grinned holding up the kunai he had to throw.

Over the years, he and Sasuke spent their time training so that they could beat anyone they were matched against.

Ryuu, who used to wear the used to wear a standard Uchiha outfit like Sasuke still did, now wore a black, short-sleeved shirt with a light grey stripe down each sleeve and over the top of the shoulder, black pants, black shinobi sandals, black cloth sleeve gauntlets with metal splints running up the outside, and a harness for his tanto that consisted of the tanto holder attached to two leather straps that crossed in an "X" over his chest and back so that his tanto was between his shoulder blades, held vertically where he could easily reach it with either arm.

His hair was short and spiky like his brother had been and more than one had commented that he was the spitting image of Shisui.

Apparently, Shisui had awakened his Sharingan at two tomoe the night his brother was killed in front of him.

Sasuke, despite it being his brother doing the killing, didn't seem to have as he had never used them since.

Ryuu didn't either but was capable of it and used it every once in a while while training and kept it active during his free time to increase his chakra reserves.

Iruka told him to begin and Ryuu tossed the kunai into the air then began to catch them and hurl them over his shoulders one at a time at the target a hundred feet from him.

The kunai stuck into the target, forming a circle around the outer rim of the bull's eye, just barely inside it, then the last it directly inside the circle of kunai that was so small that the kunai sparked as it slipped past the others.

The entire class cheered as Iruka removed the kunai from the target and Ryuu walked over to stand beside Sasuke.

"Beat that," Ryuu muttered.

"Sasuke, your turn," Iruka called out.

Sasuke stepped forward and took the kunai and hurled them all at the target together.

The result was a exactly the same as Ryuu's but with all of them hitting at the same time.

Sasuke walked back over to Ryuu who rolled his eyes and the rest of the class took turns going, none coming close to Ryuu and Sasuke.

Finally Iruka called them all to stop and they were gathered in the classroom again. Iruka waited for several minutes until everyone was silent.

"Thank you," Iruka smiled. "I'm going to be reading off the list of the preassigned three-man teams you will be split into.

Each team was decided by the jonin captains' choice so there will be no trading or changing."

After a moment of silence he raised the paper and scanned it raising an eyebrow but otherwise remaining emotionless.

Teams one through six held no one particularly popular, and no one Ryuu knew.

"Squad 7," Iruka continued. "Naruto Uzumaki. Sakura Haruno."

Naruto instantly stood up cheering while Sakura hung her head. Ryuu grinned and shook his head.

Naruto was a good kid. A bit slow and with no amazing skill beyond being determined and having a massive amount of chakra.

His downfalls could be overlooked since he lived alone and everyone hated him to the point of the teachers not even bothering to pay enough attention when he asked for help.