Okay, We Are Deaf

Hi! *waving my hands quite enthusiastically* How are you all? Did I hear awesome? Very good! You should be, because you are reading this entertaining book 'Gossip Travels.Com'. I know you all waited long for me *clearing my throat and making my collar tight*. Hey, Saaj! I am here out of my laziness. Okay, now I seriously hope you enjoy this chapter. And yeah, my shweetu, for this story at least you can't call me evil ;)

Huff! Sorry for my babbling. You know I am meeting you all after a long, long time, so it's natural for me to be little excited. Oh! I missed you all so much. All your love and support for this story overwhelms me. It's been a long journey and I feel like only few days past since I got the idea of posting this book. Sne also liked this idea and joined in. Monica@In_My_City also added her experience being a part of this travels. And last but not the least are the readers that is you all without whom this book would have been nothing. Thanks a lot for being such nice and lovely readers. Love you all guys

With love

Ni

*****

This experience comes from my college days. Hmmm... let's take it from the top.

As told in earlier chapters, during my school days I was known from my dance and good performance in studies. By the time I reached in my 12th grade, I was known for my dance, singing, designing, of course studies and for making 'MASTI'. After that experience (mentioned in chapter14) I had grown confident in fighting with boys (not in talking). It took me a while to involve myself in a conversation with boys. But besides that, I with my friend circle that included myself (they called me khushi, because I use to laugh a lot), Trupti (we used to call her dukhi aatma), Pranita (we used to call her Aina), Priyanka (we used to call her Priyank) and Apurva (we used to call her Appy) were known for creating buzz in class and irritating teachers. Trupti, me and Pranita were back-benchers. Priyanka and Apurva sat on the second last bench that in next to us. We had formed a nice group which later on involved the boys. They were Meghraj (Maggi), Pradyumna (Podum), Deepak (Pai). All teachers use to get irritated with us, but we were their favorites too. We excelled in studies as well as brought the first prize for every competition we participated (after almost a decade).

We never left a chance to tease anyone *shaking my head*.

So what happened was one day one girl and one boy entered our class. Our biology teacher had gone on a maternity leave, so our school authorities were taking interviews of contract based teachers to fill the post. We thought, that these two were the part of the interviews, so as a mark of respect, we reluctantly stood up and greeted in unison. They both gave us a nervous look and proceeded to sit on a vacant bench in the middle row. We glanced at each other mouthing 'who they are'.

After few seconds our mathematics teacher entered the class and introduced that girl and boy as our new classmates. They were siblings and had come from Nepal. They were staying at their uncle's place. We all greeted them. Teacher later on continued with her class, teaching us solving the problems on integration.

Days passed by, and we became used to their presence. However, we tried a lot to be friends with them, but they were annoying much.

For example, her boasting. Can you believe she used to tell us that Manisha Koirala was her neighbor and she used to call her 'didi'? Or his brother, he used to disturb us every time we seated to study for exams. I mean grow up. We had no problem with them. Actually we wanted to be very good friends with them as they were guest, but who would have saved us from their boasting and annoying behavior?

If she needed any book from me, she used to come and say, "You are very beautiful. Your hair makes you more beautiful. You look like Amisha Patel." *rolling my eyes* I used to believe it too. Then once she had me in her words, she used to ask for a book. Same thing with Trupti, but the words used to be something else.