Appreciation

Image Source: http://kitkaloid.tumblr.com/post/119760875882/driger-kit-drew-me-more-soft-and-tender-sutenia 

How Nate's white pajamas maintained such brilliance without bleach did surprise the girl immensely. Over three months of laundry, on top of numerous other responsibilities, she learned just how to wash, dry, fold, and distribute to his needs. He actually had two pairs, with him wearing the same singular outfit for about a week at a time. With that, he didn't cause much staining in the first place, considering that about ninety percent of his workload was completed within the same spot he always sat in. The girl was grateful for that, because the clothes he wore at the moment hadn't been properly laundered, and there were no washing machines on airplanes.

"You never decided to just get your own jet?"

"I used to own one. Despite the monotony and irritation of commercial airlines, I'd rather just use them."

"You know, New York was awesome. I'm so happy I finally got to see it and tour around."

"That wasn't supposed to be a vacation. You had to accompany me. That was all."

She crossed her arms, "It's not like I abandoned you and went sight seeing- the crazy bastard fled and I had to be the one to drive and chase him. Do you know how hard that is?! Thank God I used to hang out with drifters in Tokyo, or we would have died. It just so happens that we passed by awesome points in the city on the way. Besides, we caught him."

He no longer paid her any attention and resumed his game. By now she understood not to take it personally, as somehow it stimulated his deduction skills. So instead of bothering him anymore, she relaxed into her seat and stared out of the window, admiring the nighttime city lights of Tokyo. 

They eventually landed and exited the terminal. The girl had to combat drowsiness while Nate looked as if he had been waging that battle since adolescence. It was about to be midnight, and the streets were illuminated with activity and life. There was no standing on the sidewalk, unless one preferred to be knocked into multiple times in a day. The two went to a parking lot, where their car was waiting for them according to instructions Nate left for Anthony personally.

"Can't we just stay in a hotel for the night? It's a five hour drive!"

"I'll be fine, thank you."

She scoffed, as he clearly had no regard to the fact that she was slipping into short bursts of slumber as she stood. Stifling a yawn, she got into the driver's seat as he boarded passenger. It was a tediously long drive addled with fatigue. At about halfway there, stopped at a gas station, the girl considered honestly taking a quick nap upon the provided couches near a centered fireplace, but quickly realized the danger in that. Instead she picked up some candy for Nate while taking a coffee for herself. In fact, in a race, she downed the black cup immediately, and went on the purchase five more, needing a carrier. She returned to the car and drove off again, this time testing the speed limit. 

"You shouldn't be speeding." He stated, clicking his seat belt.

"How about this; I haven't slept a bit in four days. That's normal for you, but I tend to sleep for about forty hours in between. I just forced a half of a pot of coffee down my throat, so we're gonna get there."

Impeccable timing was her strong suit that morning, as they reached headquarters just as the sun rose. The caffeine had worn off long ago in the girl's system. Herself and Nate entered the building. Grey dominated the walls and floors, but it wasn't unwelcoming, as the girl had introduced a multitude of flowers, plants, and small trees all about the building, in order to improve on the feng shui. He had once argued that was a Chinese practice. The girl felt insulted that he assumed she didn't know the difference, but she nonetheless decided to decorate every corner with a ficus, many different flowers on each table, and bamboo plants in random assortments. In all honesty the vegetation made the entrance much more welcoming than the first time she had ever walked inside.