Comfort

"I KNOW AND SAVE ME!"

"Calm down, we're trying to help!" 

With her entire body propelled into her latest thrust, the girl managed to free herself from the grasps around her torso and ankles. She promptly smashed into the concrete and seemed oblivious to the fact that her nose began to bleed, as she again began screaming to the ground and struggling away. Making sure to be cautious, Anthony grabbed her from behind so that she couldn't pry herself from his hold. She wasn't able to bite him or kick him off. 

"STOP!" Halle yelled at the girl, horrified.

The girl suddenly started knawing on her own arm, drawing blood within no time. Despite the chaos within her person, her associates managed to get her into the building and into the elevator. She only yelled more, begging for mercy.

"We can't just do this, we have to get her to a hospital! She had to have been drugged!" Stephen reasoned.

"Boss told us what we had to do. Let's just hope she calms down soon," Anthony countered.

The girl was utterly baffled. There she stood, alongside three older adults, all of whom were gifted with striking intelligence and various skills. And with all of that considered, the girl could not comprehend that they remained completely still as the elevator shook with violent force. The lights flashed a crimson potent enough to be detrimental the girl's sight. The walls proved to be rather unsteady, for they started bending and disconnecting at the top and bottom corners, making the floor and foundation shake.

It stopped moving and stayed as still as the silent trio. The girl looked up from where she sat, holding her knees to her chest.

"Guys?"

In lieu of a response from them, the floor from under them cracked and ultimately fell. The girl descended alone, as her associates simply stood where they were as if there had been a secondary foundation that she could not access. She screamed in the darkness, it being her only company. 

"No!" Nate yelled as he saw the doors open. 

The three older adults stood around the girl as she crawled on her back in circles, rambling about falling. Nate could immediately tell she was suffering from hallucinations. He didn't need to speak and his employees lifted her and followed Nate to his room. 

"Halle, I need you to grab me some water, a bucket, and a towel. Please."

The woman nodded as she left to do as she was asked. The other two men raced behind their superior, hoping that the girl wouldn't escape their collective grasp. They were finally in the center of the card fortress. The girl was laid down on the floor gently and initially was calm. She shook against the floor while whimpering, but she was relatively quiet.

"Would you both please grab all of the blankets and pillows from the living room?"

They left in an instant, leaving Nate alone with the girl. He walked the few short feet until he was beside her. The young man sat down with his usual style, being sure to leave a minute distance between himself and her. At this point, she was reduced to shallow sobs and subtle shaking. The sound of silence provided no insight for him as to what his next move would be. He raised his hand and laid a ginger hand upon her shoulder. 

She shot up to her feet after the contact, and it nearly sent Nate down, but he put his weight on his arm and was able to watch her knock into a wall of cards. The structure was sturdier than its predecessor, so the damage was contained. The thousands of cards from the section she bothered fluttered around her. 

They picked up speed and began to flow in a cyclical fashion. It wasn't long before they lacerated her, piercing her skin and sliding up on her body. She was overwhelmed and fell backward, still under the siege of Nate's toys. Her screams were a bit of company at this point, and she tried to stop, but a painful burst in her abdomen would birth another banshee cry.