The Pups

Time went by, Lightning coninued to hunt for Shadow while she cared for the three pups, Bandit, Ginger, and Cocoa. The pups eyes have opened now and they can now see. Three weeks went by and the pups milk teeth began to appear as they soon started to explore their den.

Bandit:

I yipped joyously as I pounced onto my sister, Ginger. She beared her teeth at me and narrowed her eyes. I yipped again and held my tail high " I win!" She squirmed under me and I let her get up to her small little paws. I sniffed the air, Lightning entered the den and walked over to Shadow. I ignored and went back to walking around in the den.

Cocoa:

I heard a pitter patter come from somewere, rain I thougt. It was falling water and that was all I knew about it. Bandit jumped at me, holding me pinned to the den ground, I squirmed and yipped. From the side Shadow barked once and Bandit backed off.  I wondered why Bandit had to be so rough all the time. I paced over to Shadow and started to nurse. Bandit and Ginger wrestled behind me and eventually raced over and started to nurse as well. I curled up beside Shadows warm fur beside my brother and sister and snoozed beside them in warmth and happiness.

 I woke up later, Shadow was still sleeping, Lightning had gone hunting and Bandit and Ginger were playing. I started to suckle and enjoyed the warm milk. I got up and ran on my small paws over to Ginger, I pounced on her. She squirmed under me but got lucky and was able to squirm out. She got to her paws and gently bit my muzzle. I bit her back and continued to try and pin her down. Ginger darted toward me, I jumped to the side and was able to pin her down. She squirmed again but this time she was unabled to get back to her feet. She barked a a high pitched bark at me. She's pinned down and I'm on top "I win!" I let her back up and looked at Bandit. Bandit was sniffing around. I sniffed the air as well, I could smell Lightning now.

Shadow:

I rose to my feet and walked out the den. I stretched a bit and turned to growl at the pups. They disapearded back into the saftey of the den. Lightning walked up to me carrying a chunk of , meat. I took it from his mouth and started eating, while I began eating he ran away to retrieve meat for himself. I finished my meat and rolled in the grass, it feels good being out of the den I thought. The sun was up and the heat was increasing but I didn't care at the moment, it just felt good being out of the den. I turned walked back into the den, Bandit and Ginger raced over and began to suckle. I stood waiting patiently for my two greedy pups. Cocoa was sitting by the den wall, she's  so small I thought to myself. I started walking torward Cocoa, followed by my greedy pups. I sniffed Cocoa and started to push her a little with my nose. She yawned and looke up at me. I picked her up by her scuff and carried her over to the corner of the den.

Cocoa:

Shadow picked me up by my scuff. I instinctively curled up a bit, she set me down and she layed beside me. Bandit started nursing while Ginger curled up beside her. I layed down by her belly and began to nurse. I closed my eyes for i bit and eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up Shadow was gone and Ginger and Bandit were still sleeping. I sniffed the air, no scent of Lightning reached by nose. I whined and yipped but Shadow did not return. I looked at the den exit, I walked over and looked out. Towering trees stood and long grass stood in front of me. The world out of the den was unfamiliar to me and it scared me, so I ran back farther into the den. Bandit had awoken and was running around in the den. I settled back by Ginger and just layed there.

Bandit:

I raced around the den for absolutely no reason. I looked over and saw Cocoa walking away from the den exit. Had she gone out there I thought, I ran toward the exit. Trees and grass layed out there and the warm den layed behind me. I stepped out of the den onto the soft grass. I'd never been outside of the den I thought, this is exciting! I raced around in the area of flat ground in the grass. I rolled and ran in the grass in pure excitment. I sniffed the air, new scents greeted me. I raced out into the bushes and ran as fast as I could. After a long while I started to grow hungry and tired. I turned around, wait I thought. Were is the den? Shadow? Lightning? I whimperd and crouched down in the bushes afraid. I looked around terrified. I'm lost I thought with a whimper.

Shadow:

I entered the den, wait weres Bandit I thought. I sniffed the den, Bandits scent was old but still there I thought worried now. Lightning came back into the den carrying a Badger, I raced out the den leaving him to gaurd the pups. I sniffed the air, I could smell his scent and I quickly followed it. I whinned a bit, I heard the yip of a pup. I whined again and a pup came running out towards me. I sniffed the pup and reconized it as Bandit. I licked the pup clean for a while when I realized a lynx was watching close by. Fear rose up in me when I saw the creature. I growled and barked at it "Leave!" I barked loudly at it but it only stood and hissed at me. It took a step forward, I thought about fleeing to the den but that would only bring the lynx to my other pups. I whined and growled in frustration, Lightning is watching the pups I so I decided to run. I picked up Bandit and ran as fast as I could down the hill, the lyn followed in pursuit. Withing minutes it was a leap away from me. It leaped as I skidded to a halt, I dropped Bandit on the ground, who whinned in protest of being dropped so hard. The lynx growled and hissed furiously, eyeing Bandit and I.

I ran toward the lynx and bit the lynx in its back leg, it yowled in pain. It stretched toward me to claw my fur off and nearly did, too. I doged the blow and bit again at its back leg only this time it did lay a claw on me. I jumped back half a leap, turned and bit its neck. It tried to stand up on its hind legs but fell down due to the injured back leg. It squirmed and squirmed and eventually I could keep a grip holding the lynxs' neck. I let go panting, taking a couple steps back. The scent of blood reached my nose. The lynx looked as if it was struggling to stand but was able to continue standing. It yowled and darted forward, its claws sunk into my side. Pain like fire rose up in me, I dropped low and swiftly leapt back. I shot toward the lynx and sunk my  teeth into its neck the last time, it dropped down. Blood poured from the lynx and my own wound. When it no longer moved or breathed I decided to leave for the den. I turned and saw Bandit wided eyed and shaking. I trotted over and licked him on the head, Bandit still shivered but seemed somewhat calmer.

Bandit:

I curled up as Shadow picked me up by the scuff. She ran up the hill and soon I could start to smell the rest of the pack and th warm den. The den! I squirmed excited as Shadow walked ino the den. Shadow walked away from Ginger and Cocoa in the den and dropped me hard onto the ground. I yelped in pain, she growled at me and walked toward Ginger and Coco. I walked over toward them but recieved another growl from Shadow. I whined saddened, but I just got back I thought. I whinned crying for Shadow but she still ignored me. I stopped crying out  for her when she fell asleep beside my liter mates. I curled up and layed right were I was.

When I woke up my belly rumbled, Lightning and Shadow were curled up sleeping with Ginger and Cocoa. I cried out hoping one of them would either let me sleep by them or would come sleep by me, but once again I was ignored. Shadow popped her head up and glared at me, I looked back at her not meeting her eyes. I slowly crawled toward them, Shadow didn't growl at me so I kept moving forward. Still no growl, I ran over and layed beside Shadow. She licked my head and I began to nurse. I closed my eyes and fell asleep into perfect warmth and happiness.