Confrontation

Chapter 2

Yesterday really got me thinking . It kinda got me regretting leaving New Orleans. The same questions remain in my head ,
Where would i be today if I wouldn't have left ? Would me and August still be together?

To be honest I don't even know if August would believe king is his son, because I never got a chance to tell him before I left , not saying aug is a bad person but you know how people get when they get famous , its probably a million girls out their claiming they having or had his baby.

I Woke up , did my daily duties and put on a nude romper, gold sandals and a gold channel purse. I just put my hair in a bun since I got a hair appointment tomorrow. I went to king room ,washed him up and put him on a white and navy blue Polo shirt, some khaki shorts and some white fresh air force ones.

After king was dressed I went downstairs and turned on maury."King!" I yelled upstairs "yes" he said coming downstairs. "What you wanna do today?" I said putting his Jesus piece around his neck to complete his outfit. "Im hungry"

"What you wanna eat?"
"Mc Donalds"
"Ight come on" I said grabbing my purse and keys. I looked at the clock and it said 11:45. I locked the house up, turned everything off and we left. We arrived at Mc Donalds , I went to the drive through and ordered our food.

"You still haven't decided what you wanted to do today?" I said getting semi irritated "No" he said looking out the window "ok we just gonna go to the mall I guess" .

We arrived at the mall 35 minutes later . I went in The Children's Place and Pink to get us a couple things , went to Auntie Annie's and we left.

We just finna go home since king don't want to do nothing today.We was almost home "Ma I wanna go to the park" king said pointing out the window. "Ok its only a few people out here anyways" I said parking by the park.

August pov

Man my nieces been asking a nigga to take them to the park, it was empty so I said why not. It Was just us until this lady and a lil boy came . She sat on the other side of the park which was cool. I kept starring at her cause she looked so familiar. "Man fxck it" i said walking anxiously over to her .

"Keyshia???" I said looking her up and down she was so beautiful. "Yup" she said smiling "how you been ?" I said sitting next to her . "I been good .You?" . "I been ouchea grindin you know me". We started catching up on life till the ice cream truck came.

"uncle August can we get icecream?" my nieces said running towards us . "Mommy can I get icecream too?" "yea" Keyshia said tying his shoe. "This ya son?" I said looking at him "yea" she said looking at him too. "Aw cool" I said trying not to sound bothered .

"Uncle August who is ... Omg heyy tt Keyshia " Chay said "Hey girls this my son king, king say hey" Keyshia said "hi" he said shyly "come on the icecream truck gone leave" I said . we went to the icecream truck and bought the kids ice cream . The kids went and ate their icecream at the park while me and Kesh sat back on the benches .

"You say his name king?" I said trying to break the silence "yea"  . "how old is he?" "4 and a half" she said with her eyes glued to him. The more I look at him the more I see myself.
"Is he ...... Nvm" I said .
" Is he what .. ask me" she said .
" Is he mine ?" I said looking at her .
"yea" she said
"Why you ain't tell me?" I said getting a little loud
I looked at her and she was looking at the ground
"Hellooo?"
"I tried to August " she said then started crying . It killed me inside seeing her cry. I scooted closer to her and hugged her.

"Im sorry its my fault too" I said trying to make her feel better. She got a napkin out of her purse and wiped her tears. "August everyday I look in that little boy face I see you and I feel guilty that he don't have a father in his life."

"Well he do now" I said "Mommy im tired can we go home?" king said walking towards us. "King ?" Keyshia said "yes?" he said "this ya pops". He had a confused look on his face which made me feel bad. "But .. I thought tt Jennifer was my daddy" . We both laughed cause he was so serious.

"Nah baby we was just playing , say hey to ya real daddy"
"Hey man" I said . Instead of saying hi he reached in and hugged me , which made me feel a little better about the situation.

"Ight we finna head home , he tired " Keyshia said getting up. "Ight lemme get ya number". We exchanged numbers they said bye to the girls and we went our separate ways.