The Hook Up

Chapter 6

Keyshia Pov

I haven't heard from August in a couple of days which is weird. I haven't heard from Jennifer either , it seem like if I don't hit her up she don't call me or text me . But that's cool or what ever cause ion really care , my main focus is my son.

I got up and texted August .

Me: Hey Stranger

August:Hey 😕

Me:Why that face?

August:Idk I was just putting something

Me:Aw king want to see you when he get home from school

August: Ight imma go surprise him and go pick him up.

I sent him the Address to the school & the time he got out.
I be so bored when king is at school because im off work for a couple of weeks.

I walked to my dresser to find me something to wear and I seen Kimberly number sitting on top of it. "I forgot to call her". I got my phone and dialed the number.

Kimberly- Its K the show diva , follow the leader how may I help you ?

Me-Hey this Kimberly I was wondering if the offer is still up for the cover girl?" I said laughing

Kimberly - Yes it is . As a matter of fact im on my way to the studio right now. Pull up im finna send you the address .

Me- Ight

We hung up and she sent me the adress. I got up, did my daily routine and put on a floral dress, some brown gladiator sandals. I took my flexy rods out of my hair , and put my purple lipstick on to complete my outfit.

I went downstairs, grabbed my purple chanel purse and made a quick bowl of cereal and headed out. I put my gps on because I wasn't familiar with the area.When
I pulled up it was groups of skinny white girls talking.

And a few black girls. I looked around but I didn't see Kimberly ."Aye keyshia over here" Lyric said standing with Kimberly next to one of thier cars.

"Hey" I said. "Heyy" they said."Lets go inside its hot out here" Kimberly said leading us to the building.We walked in and it was fewer people.

"That's my producer" Kimberly said pointing to this tall, skinny, white, with blonde hair,  mean looking dude. "Girl he look mean" . "Girl he not mean at all" she said as he walked over to us.

"Hey gals" he said kissing lyric and Kimberly on the cheek. "Hey" they both said. Right after that someone called lyric . "Gotta go , good luck keyshia" she said walking off quickly.

"Is this the girl you have been telling me all about? Hi , what's your name?". "Yess" Kimberly said smiling. "Hello ,im Keyshia but people call me kesh for short.

"Im rob, Do you mine if I call you ..... Dark and lovely ?" he said with a smirk. I giggled a little. "No not at all. Do you mine if I call you rob the builder?". "Of course not! Rob the builder can I fix it Rob the builder yes I can". We all laughed .

"Are you two sisters?" . "Um no" I said looking a little confused."  "really? You guys look just alike" he said looking at us. "We do? I never really paid attention". Kimberly said.

"Yass, but anyways dark and lovely you can come in my office so you can fill out the application and so we can get to know each other" he said grabbing my hand leading me to his office.

His office was so big and pretty full of art work and pictures of the models on his walls. I looked around and seen lyric and Kimberly in one pictute together on his wall looking soo cute.

"You can take a seat" he said sitting in his big black office chair. He went in his drawer and got a application." ok fill this out and tell me when you're done". He said handing me the application and a cover girl pen.

"Ok" I said as I started the application. I got done with the application 1O minutes later. "All done" . I said handing him my application.

He started looking through my application. " Great . So tell me about yourself"

"Im from Louisiana I moved here 4 going on 5 years ago,  im a physician Assistant , I went to Clark Atlanta. I LOVE fashion. I see the world as my runway, and I have a son".

"Cool so do being a physician assistant keep you busy a lot?" "Umm sometimes but right now im off for a couple of weeks because I hurt my knee"

"Ohh Noo how?" he said looking concerned.  "The janitors mopped the stairs and forgot to put the wet floor sign on the stairs and I fell down the stairs".

"Omg did you get any money back ?" . "Yea and im still getting paid every week". "Good". 

A few seconds later there was a knock on the door. " Come in " he said with a semi- irritated look on his face. Lyric came with a Pink MCM book bag on her back.

"Ight boss we gone" . " Ok take a lot of pictures,  be safe , and don't loose your lashes this time"  he said then laughed . " I won't " she said  laughing also.

"Bye keyshia" she said walking out the door. "Bye" I said .
"But anyways , do you have any photos of yourself?". "No , I wasn't aware that I needed photos".

"Umm it can be a photo in your phone or anything" . "ok" I said getting my phone out my purse. I looked through my pictures and found the cutest picture and showed him.

"Gorgeous!!" he said looking at the photo from a different angle. "Thanks" I said smiling as he handed me my phone back.

"Ok that's mainly it for this interview , it was nice meeting you dark and lovely , im going to read over your application and call you if you got the job."

"It was nice meeting you too Rob the builder. " I walked out of his office and seen Kimberly sitting in one of the chairs all in her phone .

"Hey girly" I said sitting next to her . "Hey, how did it go?" "it was cool , I really like him" . " I told you he wasn't mean" "Yea I guess looks can be deceiving " .

"You wanna go grab some lunch or something ?" "Yea , lemme text my baby daddy first " i said getting my phone out my purse .

Me: where yall at?

Aug: D&B

Me: You ain't invite me😒?

Aug: we just got here come pull up.

Me: Nah ima let yall have yall lil bonding time or w.e im finna go out with a friend.

Aug:Oh ok you still at yo house?

Me:Nah im at the Cover girl studio , I had a interview today

Aug: Aw cool

"Ight im ready" I said standing up. "You got a kid?" . "yes , I have a son". "Awwww what's his name?" she said standing up. "King" . I said as we walked outside .

As we were walking to the parking lot a girl came up to us. " Hey Kim , this yo sister " . "No , why everybody keep saying that? Rob said the same thing" .

"Yall just look alike to me " . "he said that too" I said laughing . "yall do , yall probably long lost sisters." Then we all laughed .
"Aye you pick the place we eating at ima follow you" I said walking towards my car .

"Ight " she said as she walked towards her car.

I followed her to a nearby casual restaurant. We walked in and was seated almost immediately . We got to know each other , she is sooo cool it seem like i knew her for a long time. She seem like she down to ride.