Chap 1

CHAPTER ONE.
*stephs point of view*
3 years later.

I pulled the knife out of the walkers skull in a swift motion.
In all honesty I've just come to get used to in the past few months of living in the prison. What helps me get through it is to think that it isn't real, that they never had lives before their cruel deaths.

"Stephanie?" Carl yelled. His voice overpowering the many walkers' growls.

"Yes?" I responded
He raised his hand and motioned me to come over., Without thinking I began walking over to the tall boy.

"Carl, this better be important because we have work to do and we will get in trouble if it isn't finished.," I stated in a harsh tone.
His facial features looked tooken aback.
I looked towards the tall Chain-link fence and thought about my behaviour. I shouldn't be so harsh all the time. I can tell its affecting the people around me in a negative way..

"Uhm, Look at what I found." Carl pointed his index finger at the ground.
I snapped my gaze to the ground and stared in aw at the gorgeous necklace sprawled on the dirt.

"Wow Carl it's gorgeous! Where did you find it?" I gasped

"It was in a walkers pocket. I just saw the silver chain and decided to check it out." He smiled proudly at his discovery and I smirked.
I never REALLY smiled. It was rare, really.
After everything I've been through I kind of had the right to feel this way.

"STEPHANIE, CARL!! GET TO WORK OR IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT IF WALKERS INVADE THE PRISON." Shane screamed.
I cringed at the volume of his voice.
He was surely going to attract walkers.
Nobody in the group really liked Shane. I mean, I don't blame them, He's a jerk who thinks he is better than everyone else.
He has done some pretty un forgivable things to me alone.., Who knows who else he has done it to?

"Told ya." I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the other end of the large pathway.
I wished I was strong enough to stand up to Shane. He was just such a horrid human being.
I took all my anger out with the knife onto the walkers that littered the field.
**
A tap on the shoulder made me spring off the dirt below me.

"Woah I didn't mean to scare you! I'm sorry, Glenn and I are here to takeover!" Maggie spoke quietly.
I nodded my head and began to walk towards the entrance.

"Wait, Stephanie!!" Maggie spun me around so I was facing her.

"Yeah?" I asked gently.

"Are you okay?" She questioned.
I gazed into her olive drab eyes and put on my happiest glance.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I concluded.

"Ohh, okay! Well.. If you need me anytime, I'll be around to talk." Maggie offered.
The corners of my mouth curled.

"Thank you. Be safe.. They seem more aggressive" i warned.
She smiled brightly.
I spun on my heel and jogged to the large metal doors.
The whole groups eyes were staring at me.
My face heated.

"Come sit Stephanie." Rick patted the seat beside him and I smiled slightly.
Rick was like a father to me ever since my step father's passing. In all honestly Rick was more of a father than my real one.
My 'dad' used to abuse my mother back when I was a toddler so he moved out.
I felt as if didn't  know who my father was all throughout my childhood..
My mom and step dad Stephen were very close to the Grimes family.
I looked around the many faces staring back at me as I sat down on the chair next to Rick.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

The group rarely had meetings?.

"We have something to tell you," Rick responded.
Worry began to build up in the pit of my stomach. I felt a panic attack coming in the near future.

"Well... Uh what is it?" I questioned nervously.

"Your father is alive." Rick stated.

"Rick.., Ive told you before that I'm not comfortable talking about my father. I do not remember him, nor do I want to."
I felt something inside me smash. Why would he just say that? In front of EVERYONE.

"Stephanie. He is in the room."
I frantically looked around the room and felt tears roll down my cheeks.
"You know what he did to us...  WHY Did you ever think it was a good idea to let him in our group?" I began sobbing.
"Your father is----"