Keeping Sane (Minewt)

Getting out of the WICKED building and onto the berg had been a challenge, but Thomas, Minho, Newt, Brenda, and Jorge had all made it on in one piece. Jorge immediately went to the front of the aircraft with Brenda close behind, leaving the gladers alone in the back of the huge berg. Newt immediately went over to one of the small couches and sat down, crossing his arms over his chest and sulking quietly to himself. Minho rolled his eyes, earning himself an elbow to the ribs from Thomas.

Minho just rolled his eyes again, "Are you kidding me?" Thomas just narrowed his eyes at the Asian boy in warning. Minho scoffed, throwing his hands up in defeat, "I mean seriously, am I the only one who sees how pathetic this is? We've been through a maze filled with killing machines, a deadly desert, busted out of WICKED's head-quarters, and he pouts over this?" He gestured over to Newt, who seemed too lost in his own thoughts to hear the other two boys talk about him.

Thomas pinched Minho's arm, "Can you at least try to not be so unsympathetic for one minute?"

"I can't," Minho said, his eyes lowering to the floor, "Not when I have to see him all like..."

"All like what?" Newt finally jumped in, standing up and looking at the other boy's with hard, angry eyes, "acting all like a crank because news flash Minho, I am one."
Minho narrowed his eyes, obviously growing more and more frustrated with the current situation, "No you're not one of...them Newt-not yet. And I won't let you go crazy like that."

Newt laughed dryly, "You're a little too late for that buddy."

Minho sighed heavily through his nose, talking through his clenched teeth, "Newt just stop acting like a shuck baby for one minute-"

"I am not acting like a baby," Newt said, clenching his fist tightly and looking at Minho with wild eyes and a tight jaw.
Thomas felt stuck, wanting to jump in but not knowing how to calm the other boys down. "Guys let's all just take a deep breath."

"Shut up Thomas," Newt yelled, his voice growing louder and his body shaking with anger, "Just both of you shut up before I lose my mind."

"I thought you already were," Minho hisses back.

A hurt look passed over Newt's angry face, and he unclenched his fist. He sighed deeply, "God what's wrong with me?" He sunk back down on the couch, putting his face in his hands, his shoulders visibly shaking. Thomas and Minho glanced at one another before Minho walked over to the blond boy, sinking down on the couch next to him.
He placed a hand on Newt's back, "We'll figure something out Newt, I won't let you...I can't...I just can't lose you."

Newt twitched before sitting up, his face red from tears but void of any emotion, "Oh you can't? You won't, what about me? I'm the one with a disease eating away at my brain while we chat like chums. Give me a bloody break."

Minho closed his eyes, letting out a short huff of annoyance, "Look, I'm sorry, but I'm really just trying to help you."

"You can really help me by leaving me alone," Newt said, his voice remaining cold and tired sounding.

Minho opened his mouth, obviously about to argue the older boy back, but Thomas interjected, "Okay, we'll leave you alone for a bit." The black haired boy looked ready to punch Thomas, but Thomas didn't let this faze him, "Come on Minho, we can go check in with Brenda and Jorge and then go to sleep, we got a long flight to Denver."

Minho groaned in frustration, standing up and turning to Newt, "Fine but when we come back you better be in a better mood."

Newt rolled his eyes, "I'll really try and be all peachy about the situation just for the sake of your comfort Minho."