Chapter Thirteen: New Hopes (Violet P.O.V)

I looked up at Chade. "Chade, I think I have a theory," I said.

I had flipped through the pages, and each of them had said something horrible about him. They had pretty much said he was the most unlovable thing in history. Maybe if an act of love happened, it would prove the curse wrong and dispose of it. But I needed the last page to be sure. I stood up and walked over to Chade.

"Come on, let's go get the last page," I said, holding up my arms.

He lifted me up and put me on his shoulder.

"I figured we could walk, because I wanna treasure these last moments as this monster if ypur theory works," he said.

I smiled. I was so happy for him. I hoped this worked. We talked about what would happen when the spell was broken. What would he look like, would his clothes fit, that sort of thing.

"What's going to be the first thing you do as a human?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Probably blink, breathe, and talk using a mouth," he said.

"Will you still live here?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I will. I kind of like it here. It's grown on me," he said.

"Then I would stay with you."

"You don't have to."

"No, I honestly want to. Or maybe we can stay in the shack."

"You sure you can go back, even after what happened?"

"Yes, I can manage," I assured him.

He nodded and kept walking. 

"How much longer?" I asked.

"Just a little longer," he said.

After a few minutes we finally got there. I hopped down and walked over to the page. I compared it with the others and thought. It was definitely like the others. I thought about my theory. An act of love. Hm. Maybe if I kissed him. But it would have to be out of pure love, not just spontaneous. I turned to him and thought of everything he's ever done for me. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. Come on, do something romantic.

"You know, you're very beautiful," he said.

Good, keep it up. He knelt down to where he was only a little taller than me and squeezed me to his chest.

"I love you. i love your laugh, I love your smile, I love everything about you," he said gently.

"I love you too," I said.

I looked up at him and put my arms around his neck. This was it. I closed my eyes and leaned into where I thought his mouth would be. I kissed him.