Day 001, 12:01:58

(Dread.)

I am staring up at the blank white ceiling...

"Attend," orders a disembodied voice.

Rolling over in response, I get up off of the bed and walk across the white floor of the white square chamber. A portal irises open in the wall, and I step through it out onto a giant clear disc, white clouds whipping across the sky on all sides as Earth scrolls smoothly by far below...

We are halfway through the journey.

I turn, then resume walking past a big opaque black square towards the end of the giant clear disc. The Id EIS eyes locate the imp and serv-unit, which I built for the Master's temporary use, stationed upon the center of the last giant clear disc, while at the front curve beyond waits the techno-throne, broad back facing me. When I cross between discs, wind suddenly RUSHES towards me from the prow, fluttering the long greysilk tunic, belted at the hip of the now femininely shaded Id EIS body, which the Master has garbed me in...

A simple energy barrier before the prow.

Passing the imp and serv-unit, I gradually cross the last giant clear disc on approach, to stop...

And kneel.

...

"How do you fare?" it asks me.

Coming back from EIS metabolic power saving mode smoothly: I again feel the rushing wind which still flutters the long greysilk tunic belted at the hip of the femininely shaded Id EIS body. "Well enough, Master Gabriel"

"Rise..."

I stand.

The techno-throne turns about slowly, revealing The Master calmly seated, its black robes fluttering as well. "We are nearing Dream City. I had hoped you would be excited."

Bowing. "As you say."

Its grey finger snap.

The imp scurries across the giant clear disc towards us, then kneels and proffers up to me a small black box...

"A gift," The Master says.

How nice! I wonder which Master the gift is for, and whether they will appreciate it appropriately, considering the perfect, divine nature of –

"Take it."

Oh.

I take it, then the imp stands up again and retreats back towards the center of the giant clear disc. Opening the lid, I find a black metal bracelet inside.

Oh...

Tears now well in the Id EIS eyes, threatening to spill. "Thank you, Master Gabriel."

Its grey hand gestures.

I place the bracelet on the Id EIS wrist –

)and the pain, I can't)

– before gasping, shaken by the briefly excruciating disassociation it caused.

"Breathe..."

Calming...

Calmer...

Calm.

[A sense of direction.] I turn.

The Master is breathing with me, smiling.

"This bracelet...?"