Day 148, 03:58:49

A brief silence reigns within the screen-bright Station while an enduring silence continues out among the dark Stations, and into the dim...

(Here it comes.)

The curious feminine voice calls: "what combination-propulsion system would you pick?"

I briefly sigh. "Linked nano pulse-equibody systems. Furthermore: stop distracting me. This Project is taxing."

The far-floating bright display screens in the other half of the Station part, allowing the golden sphere/sAI node to float through them towards the display screens surrounding me. "Is it now?"

"Yes." I gesture, causing the screens surrounding me to face towards it. "As is shown: the quantum principle foundation is strong. The big problem, however, involves post-quantum entanglement associated by an object of the dimensions displayed."

Silence.

"I will just stick to working on the Deepspace Integral Suit," the sAI finally says.

The reforming ergo tilts me up to standing before it recedes back, into central placement. "And I will get to testing," I say, stepping left.

Slowly, the golden sphere floats away. "So be it..."

I descend upon a circular white-platform sinking through the white floor and into a matching white Level, but empty. The portal irises shut in the ceiling above me while I remain upon the circular smartmatter platform now merging into the smartmatter floor. I step forward, calling: "initiate full effect shielding for the test floor."

A background HUM builds softly, then holds...

"Drop simple metals cubes."

Simultaneously: two portals open three meters apart the ceiling, dropping two multicolored metal cubes drop which fall through the air until gravimetrics enfolds and slows them quickly to a gently hovering halt, one meter above the ground.

I have progressed far in a multi-disciplinary thrust of scientific study, and now boldly seek to explore the very seams of reality. Why not? Perhaps this technology will impress The Master.

After briefly examining the floating simple metals cubes, I nod. "Prep for post-quantum entanglement link between simple metals cubes."

An indefinable something changes.

I hum briefly, then nod. "Engage fully specified post-quantum entanglement procedure".

A subtle vibration builds sharply, before immediately trailing off...

Gone.

A curious sensation, hm. But was the new theorem correct? Did I find a way to link these two objects via post-quantum entanglement?

I walk between the two floating simple metals cubes, examining one, the other, and then carefully considering both together...

Each cube is now subtly different. Suggestive of...

"Bring up a full-range of scan readings," I call, while walking back out between the floating simple metals cubes. White drips up from the floor into silver screens brightening as they surround me. Now intently scanning the information displayed upon them...

Perplexing.

I re-check it...

Surprising.

Again.

Hm...

The Id EIS lips begin to curl. "Amazing."

(Wait.)

I turn back, frowning... then swipe the Id EIS arm in negation, which signals the floating screens to fall in a small rain of liquid smartmatter back upon the white smartmatter floor, melding away until all is smooth once more. "De-activate current test." I call out.

Something indefinable snaps.

The Id EIS eyes narrow: both floating simple metals cubes suddenly look more...

Normal? It isn't the most scientific label, but it does fit. Hm. Two simple metals cubes linked by post-quantum entanglement IS interesting, without a doubt. But what about the next step? Oh well. A more complex set of linked systems may reveal a deeper understanding of the process...

I clear the Id EIS throat. "Remove and complete-dispose of both simple metals cubes." Two portals open exactly three meters apart in the floor, then both simple metals cubes drop into the portals before they both smoothly iris shut again. "Drop a single activated and energy self-reliant Basic Computer Processor." A single ceiling-portal opens, dropping a black processor cube which gravimetrics slows to a hovering halt, one meter above the floor. I stare at it for a long moment while rubbing the bare Id EIS chin...

Risk and reward. Ok.

The Id EIS mouth opens, then I –

FLASHING red light suddenly appears everywhere at once, signaling a warning.

Oh.

I shut the Id EIS mouth.

"Id," a voice booms...

Endless.

"Yes, Master Gabriel?" I ask.

"Cease following this current research tree, expunge all data to the roots and discontinue any future related research. Understood?"

(A first failure...)

"Yes Master Gabriel." I answer, keeping any hint of heartbreak from the Id EIS voice.

The FLASHING red light vanishes.

A first failure.

Trembling, I remain standing just standing there for a long moment within the empty white Level. The black processor cube is still floating one meter above the ground ahead, but blurs as tears prick the Id EIS eyes...

"Id," calls the sAI.

I startle.

Professionalism!

"Um... purge the current test, expunge all data and destroy all related materials. After exit: scan and scrub this Level." Stepping away, I see the processor cube drop within a floor-portal while a circular white platform rises beneath me, taking me up through a ceiling-portal and back up out to the innerglowing Station within the larger dark Workstation Level...

(But the sAI knew.) Hm?

The floating golden sphere remains surrounded by bright-floating screens, still diligently working.

I walk over to it...

And stop.

(It...)

Silence.

"I knew that would happen," the sAI finally admits, while data continues combining across the bright display screens surrounding it.

Dismay. "But... why? Why let me waste all that time?"

"Be calm. Time was not wasted, nor was The Master necessarily displeased."

I sigh. "Still."

It signals the bright display screens floating around it to part, and include me. "It is good to know what we are capable of. Even overreaching."

"Mm."

"Also..."

"Yes?"

"Also: we can move to fully co-operative research," it states placidly. "For a more relevant Project."

I grin. "The Deepspace Integral Suit?"

"What else? Let's resume."