fifteen

liberty's pov

tyler and i packed our belongings quickly into our backpacks and then headed to josh's car; he had offered to drive us back home.

when we pulled up outside tyler and i's neighbouring houses we all let out a sigh as we hesitantly stepped out of the car.

josh passes me my backpack and i thank him with a smile, we have a three way hug before tyler and i walk up to our front doors and josh waits by his car.

i stop at my door. do i really want to do this? i'm not ready.

i watch tyler's mother open his front door and pull him into a hug. she quickly closes the door behind them, not noticing josh or i.

"are you going to knock?" josh speaks from behind me.

i turn around and look into his eyes. i see a boy i met just over a week ago, but feel like i've known forever. i run back to him and collapse into his arms, because even though i barely know him, he makes me feel safe.

"i don't want to go back josh, we left for a reason. i hate it here, it's dull and when i'm here i'm surrounded by people who look down on me. i'm not happy here, i was happy in columbus with you and tyler. honestly, i haven't been that happy in so long. i can't go back yet, i'm not ready." i cry into his shoulder.

"it's okay, lib." josh replies. "all i want is for you to be happy. you're welcome to stay in columbus with me for a little while longer if you want."

"are you sure? because i would like that more than anything right now." i say pulling away.

josh smiles, nods and then takes my hand, leading me to the passenger side of his car, opening the door for me.

"thank you so much, josh." i sniffle and get in the car.

i text tyler on the journey back.

liberty: i'm so sorry ty. i couldn't face going back. i'm staying with josh for a lil while longer.

tyjo: everyones worried. i've told them i don't know where you are.

liberty: thanks. i don't know if i can face it just yet.

tyjo: you are tired. you are hurt. i get it; i'll be here waiting when you're ready to come home. stay safe, i love you liblob.

liberty: i love you tyjo.

author's note

ah i rewrote this whole chapter like 5 times i wanted to get it just right, i hope you like it.

thank you so much for reading!
we recently hit 600 reads and it means so much to me omg, people are actually reading my story.

stay street |-/.