Chapter 5.

Why is he walking towards me? Why is there a smirk on his face?

Confused, I look around seeing if it was me he was actually looking at. My eyes are wide as they watch his smirk grow bigger and take a seat in front of me. Being my shy self, I immediately looked down at my coffee.

"I'm not going to bite you know."

"Huh, oh no, i didn't think-" I let out a nervous sigh in defeat "Sorry."

"Its fine" he smiles "My name is Kyle by the way. I saw you sitting alone and thought i'd join you, if that's alright?"  he extends his hand towards me.

"Emma, and it's fine." i reply and I shake his hand with a small smile.

"So, whats a pretty girl doing here alone anyways?" he says going back to his original position.

"Uh, i just needed a break from a few things" I say giving as little information as i can to him and take a sip of my coffee.

"like what?" He asks with complete innocence.

"Its just a few personal things, its nothing really." i put on a small smile hoping he would drop the subject.

"Alright, but I'm going to get it out of you sooner or later." He says with a smirk.

"Sooner or later?" I questioned. Does he mean we're going to see eachother again?

"Well yeah, I was hoping, i don't know if we could be friends I guess and hang out?" Then he quickly adds " I mean if that's okay with you, of course."

"Uh.. Yeah, I guess that's okay. I could use some more friends." I smile. "But you're not trying to get anything out of me, are you?"

"No, of course not! I promise you." He puts on a sincere smile but something else flashes through his eyes and is gone in an instant.

"So, is that bike yours?" I ask remembering seeing a certain boy ride it.

"Um no,  it's a friends that I barrowed." He gives me a small smile.

"Oh okay that's cool." I give a small smile and nod.

The same feeling that occurred at school is back again. I scan the inside of the cafe and I see nothing. I take a look outside of the window next to me on my right but all I see is my reflection due to it being dark outside now. Chills run down my spine leaving goose-bumps behind and spread out across my body. As a reaction, I cross my arms and rub them as if I'm cold.

Kyle notices. "You okay? Are you cold?"

I'm fine, I just got chills." i smile but my body gets tensed and it causes me to look around once more. I look outside again trying to look pass my reflection and i see a dark masculine silhouette across the street right before a car passes and it disappears in to the alley.

My eyes widen and I get up. "I'm sorry i have to go."

"Wait! let me give you my number at least?" he says grabbing my hand as i try to rush outside. An odd and uncomfortable feeling runs through me and i shake loose. "Just give it to Mr. Jeffrey" i say and rush out not giving him another chance to speak.

I stand in the parking lot looking around then with out looking I run across the to the other side towards the alleyway. I turn on the flash light on my phone since the street light wasn't shining any light through the alley. My eyes scan the area as i walk in deeper. "Hello?" i call out moving the light over every dark spot.

Something hits the garbage container that's ahead of me on my right and i jump and move the light towards its direction. My paranoia is rising and i can feel my heart beating faster and faster as i get closer