Chapter 2- Gandalf's Visit

(The pic is of Aurelia now, but the clothing isn't what she would wear)

20 years later..

I was flying, soaring above the treetops; swooping and gliding whichever way I wanted. The old thrill grew within me as it did every time I unfurled my wings and let go of the earth. I dived down and flew towards the ground. A familiar figure dressed in gray robes carrying a big stick. Landing gracefully, next to him, I fold my hands behind my back and stare straight ahead.

"Lovely day, isn't it?" I asked him.

"Yes, it is. Now is my warrior ready to say hello to an old friend?" He chuckled and looked at me.

"Yes, I suppose I should say hello. Hello Gandalf."

"Hello Aurelia, ahh, I missed you. Where have you been for the past 10 years?"

"Around."

We had reached the iron fence around my home, and I opened the gate to let him in. We walked into the house, I got out some refreshments. We sat in the foyer, resting and chatting.

"So, what do I owe to your visit?" I asked, setting down the teacup I was drinking out of.

He glanced up, and and replied, "How would you like to go on an adventure with me?"

"What kind of adventure?"

Gandalf raised an eyebrow, "You of all people should know that adventures can not be classified into 'kinds'."

"That's true enough. May I ask who is going on this adventure?"

Gandalf coughed and looked into his drink before sputtering, "Well, let's just say it's for an old friend."

"Which friend is it?" I pressed, fearing the truth.

"One that might not please you.. Thorin Oakenshield and his company."

My heart froze at the name Thorin, my face doing the same.

Gandalf saw my expression and said, "It might be good for you, Lia, to see him and them after so long."

"Gandalf, I left for a reason. He ordered me to leave and never return. I don't understand why he would want me for this."

"That was because he couldn't bear the fact that Erebor was gone. He had to blame it on someone."

I sat there and thought about it, each thought making my stomach sink deeper. I sighed, calming myself down and said softly, "Alright, I'll go."

He smiled and said, "You were always one to face your fears and hide your emotions well. The meeting is at a hobbit hole in the Shire, with a glowing blue mark on the door. It is in 2 days." He stood up and vanished.

I grinned, Gandalf always left unexpectedly and without the use of a door. A trip to the Shire took two days, including a couple short rest stops. I started packing, beginning with the charmed quiver that was gifted to me by Saruman- and my sword, thin with an intricate handle. By the end, I had a week's worth of provisions, extra clothes and a good amount of gold. 

Early next morning, I woke up at dawn and started getting dressed. I chose a long navy tunic with black pants and riding boots. After going through my armor I chose my original obsidian set. Lastly, I put on fingerless leather gloves with a space to attach the daggers to, and drew a black cloak that went to my feet. I grab my bow, and lightly touch it on the tip. It shrinks and becomes a moon flower clip, and I attach it to my hair. On my way out I attach a quiver full of arrows, and set my bags outside. I called Avari, and he emerged from the shadows. He was a pure black pony and was as stubborn as a dwarf.

I strap on the supplies and start the beginning my adventure.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: A moon flower is a small white flower resembling a lotus. The clip feels like a fresh flower and can only be commanded to change at will by Aurelia.