Dreams.

Since Annabeth was thirteen years old the only thing that could stir her from a deep sleep was the smell of coffee. Annabeth woke up from her first good sleep in a long time to familiar sheets, she'd seen them before, lay in this same spot, the memory was at the back of her mind, out of reach.

It didn't take long for her to recognise Percy's humming-singing hybrid. He was cooking scrambled eggs with bacon in the small kitchen jamming to Blink 182, his childhood favourite band. Annabeth buried her face in the doona cover, hoping this image would last forever. She heard Percy stop moving the eggs with his prized blue Master Chef spatula. She couldn't help thinking You'll  burn the eggs, Dummy. She heard Percy padding over to the bed still humming 'What's my age again?' Annabeth tried to keep it together when he bent down and braced one arm on the bed, next to her face. 

He leant down and sung, rather flat, 'My friends say I should act my age, what's my age again?' He then sounded more like he was singing and screaming at the same time 'What's my age again!?'

Annabeth couldn't help it, she rolled over facing  him grinning, giving up her 'cover', 'Three, apparently.'

Percy laughed before he stood up straight, cursing under his breath. 

'What is it?' Concern creeping into Annabeth's voice.

'Shit, oh shitty shitty shit,' He cursed running for the kitchen.

'Percy what's going on?' She got up off the bed moving to go after him.

'I burnt the eggs! Oh crap, now I have to start over, this suuuucks' He complained, emptying the frying pan into the bin.

Annabeth covered her mouth with her hand, stifling a laugh, 'You're an idiot,' she said standing up and leaving for the bathroom.

Percy had a cup of coffee waiting on the bench for her when she got back, the perfect amount of Half and Half, Annabeth had to admit, she was impressed. 

'So, what did you dream about?' Percy suddenly sounded more uptight and disciplined, more like the night before. It saddened Annabeth, their situation made this so much harder.

'I actually dreamt about your apartment, there was this pizza box on the counter and we were studying,' she laughed softly, 'Well at least I was, you were just getting grease on your textbooks'

She looking up from her coffee to see Percy frowning slightly. When he realised she was looking at him he smiled reassuringly, 'That was one of our studying routines.'

'I figured, there's nothing saying we couldn't try it again? When I'm back in school, obviously.'

Percy shot her a smile, 'For sure, but first you have to remember my eggs and bacon,' Percy turned back to the grill.

'What did you dream about?' Annabeth questioned. She saw his shoulders stiffen.

'Nothing,' He said with a twinge of coldness in his tone. Annabeth tried to ignore it and focus on the good time they were having and how she felt like she could finally focus her scattered thoughts on one thing, Percy. 

When Percy turned around her was back to his ordinary self, he handed her a plate of his special eggs and bacon and pulled up a stool opposite her.

'Dig in,' He smiled. Annabeth did what he said, 

'These are really good,' she complimented with a mouthful of egg. 

'Why thank you,' He said blushing slightly at her comment, 'Here wait you've got some egg on your face,' Percy leant forward over the bench to wipe the egg of her face. Annabeth tried to cover up the fact that his touch was so gentle and reminded her so so much about last night and the years before the incident with a small laugh.

'All clear, you're good to go' He grinned. Annabeth watched as he continued to eat his breakfast, he tried desperately to rustle up some sort of memory of doing this before, just watching and eating in a comfortable silence, unfortunately she failed. Annabeth had come to the conclusion she'd have to rewrite some memories before her old ones would come back to her, if they were in dreams so be it. 

A/N Ohhh ma gawd I updated!! I was really missing this story, hope you all liked it :) I go back to school in like a week which kinda sucks but oh well, at least I updated this story. I hope some of  you are still reading it . Well... there's not much to update any of you on except the story (obviously) I have an idea where this is going now so let's pray it will be easier for me to update. (but knowing me let's not get our hopes up)

If there's any requests for anything to be in the story let me know :) I'm not writing you guys any smut though guys so don't even try. Hope you're all happy and well. Leave a comment or a vote or somethin I dunno, see you soon Hopefully.

Love you all.

A.