Bonus Chapter

A/N: Hello again, everyone! I was inspired to write this bonus scene because, holy crap guys, this story has reached 5,000 reads!!!! I cannot thank you all enough. I hope you enjoy this little bonus and continue reading Zeya's story. <3 This starts at the end of chapter seven.

By the way, the new cover was done by fool-for-you. I think it's pretty great!

Ivan

Ivan stormed out of Zeya's room, moving as quickly as he could.

How dare he dress Zeya in black?

Ivan heard Zeya call out after him, but he would not stop, not even for her. He had to get to the bottom of this.

He walked briskly down the corridors, headed for the Darkling's chambers. When he entered the dining hall, no one was there. Good, Ivan thought. It would be less of a scene that way.

Ivan pulled open one of the heavy, ebony doors and closed it behind him. He made his way to the war room, where he assumed the Darkling would be.

When he opened the door and peered in, he found the man he was looking for sitting at the head of a table, alone.

Ivan stepped inside and cleared his throat to make his presence known.

Almost reluctantly, the Darkling lifted his eyes from whatever he was reading. "Ivan?"

"Moi soverennyi," Ivan said curtly. The Darkling raised an eyebrow.

"What do you need?"

Ivan walked silently the rest of the way through the room. With a daring impulse, he stood right next to the Darkling's chair, towering over him.

"I want to know why Zeya is wearing black," he hissed. The Darkling almost looked amused. That stirred deep anger within Ivan.

"Ivan," the Darkling said, standing. "You know I do everything for a reason."

"Why her? Alina wore blue." Ivan spat, knowing that mentioning Alina would provoke the Darkling.

It certainly worked. Anger crossed the Darkling's features and his eyes hardened. "Do not mention that name again."

Ivan grinned internally. "Why is Zeya wearing your colour?"

"Ivan, you are my most trusted advisor," the Darkling said, seemingly reining in his emotions. "You know everything that I plan to do – what I would have done already had our Sun Summoner lived. We have a Moon Summoner in our grasp now. This opportunity cannot be allowed to slip away. You know I must do whatever it takes."

Ivan considered that for a moment. "I'll do it."

"What?"

"I'll do it. Woo her – or whatever it is that you need to do. Let me do it instead." Ivan answered.

The Darkling smirked. "Ivan, you don't seem to understand."

Ivan narrowed his eyes. "What?"

"I am the only one in the world like Zeya. Her power is far beyond that of your comprehension. She will live for centuries more than you," the Darkling said, the smirk not leaving his face. "I will be the only one able to court her. Also, I happen to take quite a liking to her."

That pushed Ivan off the edge. The muscles in his body tensed, and before he could stop himself, his fist swung out, catching the edge of the Darkling's jaw. The man before him didn't even flinch.

"You think she trusts you?" Ivan demanded. "At least I'm not some aloof jackass with control issues."

This only seemed to amuse the Darkling further. "You think she trusts you? She can tell how you are with women, Ivan. It's practically an aura around you."

The Darkling paused and walked a few paces away. He turned to face Ivan again and smiled. "In any case, I believe Zeya has already succumbed to my charm."

Ivan sucked in a breath. No. He wouldn't let the Darkling take away the only girl he'd ever actually liked. "Oh really? I'd like to challenge that."

His superior raised an eyebrow. Ivan continued, "I won't let you take her from me without a fight."

The Darkling smirked at his words. "Then let the best man win."