chapter 8

Sophie POV
———————————————————————————
I woke up to my alarm screaming in my ears but I decide to text mom telling her I'm sick and staying home today, feeling how exhausted I still was and how i was not ready to face reality.

I was reminded by my stupid brain about everything that happened yesterday, I'm so embarrassed I never cry in front of people let along have a full on breakdown in front of Hunter.
I tried holding the emotions in but it all became to much when he saw right through me and for once in my life I felt like someone really saw me, the real me.
I went back to sleep needing a break from my mind.

I woke up checking my phone it's already 2pm, I had a few missed calls from Hunter and Ariel and decided that ill just text them later and went downstairs to get some food.

i made some eggs and sat down to watch some tv. I also texted Hunter and Ariel telling them I wasn't feeling great today but I'll be back tomorrow and then deciding to just turn of my phone and just watch tv and movies for the rest of the day.

i tired to give myself a break from thinking about school and my dad and his crew of course it wasn't as simple. The thoughts kept creeping in filling my head and growing my anxiety. I turned up the volume of the movie and tried to focus on it.

At around 5pm Mom came home and joined me on the couch
"How are you feeling hunny?"
"I'm better, i think i just didn't get enough sleep"
"Is something keeping you up?"
"No not really, just hard being at a new school" i lie
"Sweetie, you know you can always talk to be and if you are worried about your dad, don't be I won't let him hurt you." She says with a sad smile.
But mom he is back and I'm not worried about me, im worried about you I wanted to say but decided not to so she doesn't have to worry.
"Yeah you're right mom thank you" i say faking a smile.

We ordered some food and continued watching movies for the rest of the night until it was time for bed.
I went to sleep with anxiety on a high rise but I ignore it.
Tomorrow I'll be a normal teenager, I need it I need the break so I can think clearly.

I wake up from a weird noise, my anxiety comes in full force. Is it my dad? is he here?

I sit up in bed and look at the time on my alarm clock, only 11 pm weird.

I sit still and wait to see if i hear the noise again.

A small thud comes from my window, i grab a shirt and put it on before slowly going over to the window.

Hunter is standing outside my window.

"What are you doing? you fucking scared me" i say as quietly as i can when i open the window.

"You weren't answering your phone i just wanted to see that you were alright"

"I'm fine i just didn't sleep good and now i probably won't either because some fucking idiot woke me up"

"Sorry, i just had to make sure you were okay. ill let you go back to bed good night" He says as he starts walking back to his house.

"good night" i say closing my window and going back to bed and removing the t-shirt.

Why cant he just leave me alone, i don't like the fact that he can get me to tell him anything and forces out my weak side. I need to stay away from him from now on. I cant have him making me feel weak not now.

I need to be strong and find a way to deal with my dad without ending up back in prison.

———————————————————————————