The Dream

Darkness

That's what it was. Everything was shrouded in darkness. It was like a black abyss that swallowed everything whole except for a small, unconscious figure that lay in the middle of all of it. It stirred awake when voices began echoing from the never-ending darkness.

"Where am I," the figure thought as the whispers grew louder. "H-hello? Who's there? C-come out now if you know what's good for you," the being shouted at the darkness. "Sans," the voices called out in soft, hushed tones. "How do you know my name? Who are you?," shouted the figure now known as Sans. "Sanssssss," the voices grew stronger and louder. Sweat beaded down Sans' skull. The voices grew louder as figures stepped out of the darkness.

"You're so weak," a hooded monster mocked. "You don't deserve to be the Royal Guard's brother," another one chided. "We should just kill him." More hooded monsters chanted as they surrounded him."That's not true! It's not!" Sans shouted. Suddenly, everything stopped. Not a word was said as the crowd of monsters parted to let in another figure. "Pa-papyrus?" asked Sans as the figure stood in front of him.

Papyrus looked down at his older brother with a cold, hard stare. "You're so disappointing," he said with a sneer. "You're weak and can't do anything right. I can't believe you're my brother. You should just die, Sans," he finished with hatred dripping off from each word. Red tears ran down Sans' face, unable to move or speak. "Are you listening to me, Sans?" Inquired Papyrus with malice. "Sans! Sans! Sans!" He continued bark as the other monsters joined in. They grew louder and louder. Each one filled with hatred.

"SANS!"

Sans quickly sat up in his bed. "A dream?" He thought as he rubbed his aching skull. "Sans!"
Sans flinched at the familiar voice that belonged to the skeleton standing over his bed. "Get up you lazy slob! The one day that I'm off duty, you have the audacity to disobey my orders and slack off!" Sans cringed as his brother continued his verbal berating. "Sorry, B-Boss. I wasn't thinking straight. It won't happen again," he said with his usual fake smile. "It better not! Now get up and go to your post!" Papyrus commanded as he left the room whilst slamming the door on the way out. A held in sigh of relief erupted from the smaller skeleton. The day had just started and he could already tell that he was going to have a bad time