Unsure

Soon enough, two days had become two weeks. He hasn't come back. Sans has been gone for two weeks and he hasn't come back. He hasn't shown up at his post either. He hasn't even been seen. Why? We've always had fights like this, but he's been acting strange for awhile. The fight we had two weeks ago was the first time he yelled at me. He usually tries to make compromise and submits early or just grits his teeth and bears it like he's always done. But now...

I can feel my hands fisting the cushion on the new chair I bought for the tattered downstairs area, but for some reason, I haven't cleaned up the rest of the mess in the living room except for a new coffee table to replace the one that held the photo. That photo. I stare at the jar filled with ashes on the coffee table. Why did I keep it? I should've tossed it out the window. It needed to be destroyed. It was holding him back, making him...

My gloved bones are digging into the soft fabric and ripping the fresh cushion. It was making him weak. It was the reason he never fought back and made him an easy target. If it wasn't for that stupid photo...

Hey, Papyrus! Come here!

I scan the room for the voice, but see no one there. What?

Come on, Pap! Don't keep me waiting!

Sans? It's Sans. His voice is coming from upstairs. "Sans!" I run upstairs, but I can't hear him anymore. "Sans?"

In here! Hurry up, slow poke! You're gonna miss it!

He's in his room. I burst through the the unlocked door. "Sans!" What? He's...not here. He just called me. Where is-

There

He's kneeling down at the open window looking in my direction in a shirt and a pair of sweatpants. The room is dimly lit.

You finally made it. You kept me waiting for ages

"Sans, what's-"

I had to floss my teeth. I don't wanna have no teeth like the frog guy outside

A child in orange pjs walks through the doorway. Is-is that..me? My child self sits next to Sans

"Heh heh. You're too cute for your own good, ya know that, Paps?" Sans rubbed Papyrus on the head. "I'm not cute!" Papyrus blushed and pouted. "I'm gonna be a big, strong Royal Guard when I'm older!" "That maybe, but you'll always be my little brother," Sans answered and gave Papyrus a big hug. Laughter filled the room. "Let me show you something, Pap. It's so cool. Look out the window and look up at the sky."

The sky? I walk up behind the two and watch out the window with them. What is that? There's something bright glowing in the sky

Papyrus' face showed his innocent wonder. "Woah, what's that, Sans?" "That there is the surface."

The surface?

"What's that?" Sans chuckled. "That's what's above us. Where we want to be. But that's the only opening out." Papyrus' eyes widened. "Is there any other way out?" A shadow cast over Sans' face. "What's wrong, Sans? Sans?"

My jaw is clenching

Sans shook his head and smiled. "Nothing, bro. Just a little tired, that's all." Papyrus looked up at his brother, his face written with worry. "Don't worry about it, kid. Now come on, make a wish. It's rare for it to be seen over here." Papyrus focused back on the bright circle in the sky. " I wish..."

What? I don't remember this

"I wish for you to always be with me. No matter what." Sans looked down at Papyrus. "You don't have to wish that. I'll always be with you, Pap." Papyrus looked up at him. "You promise?"

                           "Promise"

I watch as they disappear and the room goes dark. I'm frozen to floor. He promised. My whole body is numb. My feet move to stand by his bed on their own. A naked hand (I'm guessing my own) runs across his neatly made sheets. Cold. I lay down facing the ceiling.

He promised. He didn't have to, but he did. And he kept his promise. But now...

I stare at the ceiling, my body too numb to move.

He kept his promise. And now...now he's gone.

You said you'd always be there with me,

But...

                   Where are you now?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Relieved I finally put out this chapter? I know I am. Anyway, I was tagged by @ElectricBooker to say 10 facts about myself. I won't tag anyone else and this is the only time I'll do a chain because I personally really dislike them. Here we go

1) I have two dogs, boy and girl, and the girl is a pup who's kind of annoying

2) I'm a picky eater. Sushi looks delicious, but I absolutely can't eat it

3) I ruptured the tendon in my ring finger on my right hand after it got hit by a pool ball when I put my hand on the table and wasn't paying attention

4) I broke my second toe on my right foot by accidentally running into a 25 pound dumbbell in my parents' room

5) I've been set on fire and burned multiple times. If you want, I'll tell you guys the stories, but only if many of you want to know

6) I love Steven Universe, Garnet being my favorite

7) I love anime and manga. I'll read Yaoi, but only if it's cute with no sex or has a good plot

8) I love video games. The fable series is my favorite, but I also love left 4 dead, Gta, and more

9) I'm very interested in Japanese culture. I want to go there someday. Maybe study abroad

10) I've taken French for two years, but don't really like it. I'd rather learn Japanese

That's it for today! More chapters will be out soon

By the way, I've been thinking of making a Twitter or an Instagram account, but I don't really know what to post. Help?