Chapter 6

*Just a little note before I begin. I want to thank anyone who has read this far and I appreciate it more than I can say. All I want to do is try and make people feel something with what I write and hopefully that is what I am doing(: and I apologize for the short chapter, I just had to set the scene for the next one. So leave some comments as to what you think will happen maybe?

Much love to you lovies*

*KENZIE'S POV*

  Getting ready and finally getting to the party was the most nerve-racking time of my life. Actually...I am pretty sure that I am overreacting and being over dramatic...but regardless, I was a mess.

  As Simone sat on her bed with her arms and legs spread out to ensure that she didn’t sweat nor mess up her outfit, I flew around the bedroom tearing through my unorganized bags and boxes.

  "Where is it? Not this...why did I bring this anyway? I know I put it in here...what drawer was it in at home?" I mumbled to myself as my fingers flew from here to there in search for my accessory and with each searched spot my panic rose tenfold.

  Lifting her head a bit, Mo gave me an annoyed expression. "Girl, would you mind hurrying it up? It isn't fair to have me locked in here and looking this good." She waggled her eyebrows at me, and received a tank top to the face as a response.

  "You know damn well that I cannot and will not leave this room without my necklace." By the way that her head heavily fell back onto the bed again, I knew that she got the point that I wasn't kidding. Every time I went anywhere special, dates to movie nights out, I wore my green pendent necklace, and there was no way that my first huge party in Florida was going to be any different.

  A strangled cry crept from the back of my throat as I leaped over the mounds of clothes around the bedroom to reach the final box I had that wasn't put in storage. My heart was thudding out of my chest and I ran my tongue over my front teeth as my hands dug through it. When my fingers closed around a torn plastic baggy, I dragged my hand out of the depths and held it up as if I was Charlie and it was my golden ticket.

  “Yes!” I almost screamed it as I spun towards Simone to show her what I held in my hand and she returned my excited grin with a slow sarcastic clap.

  “Lovely. Now can we leave…please?” She didn’t even wait for me to say yes or no before heading towards the door and grabbing the tiny backpack she carried everywhere. My shaky fingers dove into the bag and clasped the necklace into place and I took a deep breath as the cool skinny silver chain settled onto my skin. Instantly, a calm and warm feeling spread over me and I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about Ethan.

  But Mo sure could as she chucked a random sneaker my way and stamped her foot indicating that her level of patience was hitting zero.

  “Alright, alright! I’m coming, no need to be so fussy missy.” I scoffed at her and then smiled as I skipped into the hallway and she followed behind me, rolling her eyes.

  Seeing as we are girls and that we happen to be the girls of the school, we arrived an hour and some change late, like always. And from first looks, it was going to be a hype night.

  We had caught a ride with two guys that we vaguely knew whose names I believe were Oscar and Tony, but the second we arrived at the cliché beach house sitting right on the water, I separated from them, leaving Simone to toss a rushed thank you and empty promises of catching them later over her shoulder.

  “Why do you always leave me to be the nice one?” She had to force her legs to keep up with my rushed pace and I barely took in her words as I weaved and bobbed through the crowd on the front lawn to get inside where I could already feel the music thudding as the base got ready to drop.