Chapter 16

It took a while but I got us to the mall. The first store I went into was Spencer’s.  

  We were there not 5 seconds before someone recognized us. It was a worker. He recognized me before the guys.

  “Athena?!” He smiled and came around to give me a hug.

  “Nate?” I laughed and hugged him tight. “I haven’t talked to you in forever!”

  “I know once you became all famous you forgot about me!”He joked.

  CC was looking at him kinda funny, so was Jake. I laughed.

  “Guys, this is Nate, me and him used to uh, be, er, friends.” I would have felt awkward saying me and Nate used to mess around.

  CC eyed me weirdly. Then I noticed why, Nate’s arm was around my waist. I slyly moved out of his hold.

  “Nate this is my Boyfriend CC, and my best friend Jake.”

  “Yeah I know, Black Veil Brides.” He laughed.

  “Now don’t say anything mean.” I warned. I knew he was not a fan of BVB.

  “I wasn’t going to.”

   “Good because I would kick your ass I’m in the band now two you know.”

  “Oh are you?” He looked at CC. “Hello boyfriend of Athena.” He waved.

  “Yup, her boyfriend.” He pulled me closer to him. I could tell he didn’t really like being around Nate.

  “Well we really should be going Nate, sorry, nice seeing you.” I smiled.

  “Do you really have to go Bunnie?”

  “Oh don’t call me that.” I looked down awkwardly.

  He laughed. He pulled me away from CC for another hug. He held me tight against him. “I missed you.” He breathed.

  “You too.” I tried to smile as convincingly as I could.

  One of the guys cleared there thought but I couldn’t tell what one.

“Well I’ll see you around okay.” I pulled away from Nate.

  “Yeah, see you around Love.” He smiled.

  We left the store and sat on one of the couches.

  “I am so sorry about that CC, I had no idea he worked here and that was terrible.” I whined.

  “It’s okay.” He sighed.

  “No it’s not.” I moved over to sit on his lap.

  “It’s fine you didn’t know.” He kissed the top of my head.

  I kissed his neck.

  “ITS THEM!” I heard someone yell and then everything went crazy.

  I had completely forgotten that I tweeted saying we would be here. That was a bad Idea, fans were everywhere.

  We were surrounded.

  “EVERYONE!” I shouted and they quieted down to listen. “Okay, now, we are going to need you to line up because this is crazy and I don’t want to get any of us kicked out of the mall, so make a line starting to the left of Jake and you can come down from Jake to CC, then to me. Now go!”

  They all listened and lined up. I took pictures and signed stuff for ages, I called peoples friends and made videos for people. We had to have been going for hours; thank goodness the security didn’t stop us. Some fans hung around after we met them, maybe hoping to get to talk to us more. I finally got to the last person and though exhausted was still perky and sweet to them. We talked for a few minutes but she had to leave.