Chapter 11: Stand Back Up

Narrator's POV

It's been a couple of days since Gloria saw Elliot or anyone from her school, Elliot convinced her to tell her mom what Matt did to , and since then her mother hasn't let anyone near her . She has been home trying to get her life together. As she sat in the living room thinking deeply about everything going on around her, she hear the bell ring. She groaned and got up from under the comfy cover she was under while taking a nap earlier. She opened the door, there standing in front of her was Matt with a bouquet of white tulips. She was shocked, her heart was beating so fast that you could hear it from 2 miles away, her hands were sweating like crazy, and she felt dizzy and scared. To her that man was no longer someone she loved nor trusted, she didn't want him near her. He took a step forward and said "Gloria I'm sorry, I know what I did was unforgivable but please forgive me, I want nothing but your forgiveness "then he held the bouquet out for Gloria to take. She stood there a couple of moments then said "Get out of my house! I forgive you but I won't forgive you, you promised you wouldn't be like Elliot! But you turned out to be worse." Matt was furious, how could she not accept his apology! He was losing her, not only as his girlfriend but also as his best friend. He looked up at her and said "I promise when I come back you will forgive me just remember we need to finish the movie. If not for me do it for your fans". She looked at him and nodded then she closed the door in his face. She went back to her room and got her music journal and started pouring her emotions to make a new song, she was sick, so sick of that same old love ..... After she finished that song, she felt like a burden has been lifted off her shoulders.

She had a goal, the movie, her fans, her image, and she intended to keep those for a while, and she has decided that life is too short to stay stuck on the same mistakes and the same problems. She got dressed, got books for the rest of the day, then she took her car keys and headed to the garage, she got inside her car and stepped on it heading to high school. When she got there it was already lunch, after lunch she had music, she went to the cafeteria and everybody was shocked to see her, nobody knew why she wasn't here for the past days, but they knew there was something wrong. She walked to the table, there sat Sean, Henry, Ella, Patrick, Lana, Tanner and Elliot. They were shocked when they saw her , they didn't expect her to leave her house already, but there she was standing in front of them with her hands crossed over her chest and sweet smile on her face, then she pulled the chair next to Elliot and sat down. She has this big smile on her face where nothing was wrong, the same one she had when she was small, when she was child, when she was with Elliot. Elliot was looking at that smile with amazement, he felt like a child again, his heart beating fast in his chest that people in China could probably hear it but Gloria was oblivious to it, while the boys and girls were looking at Elliot with Amusement.

"Gloria "Said Lana, "What are you doing here?"

"I decided to get out of the house and come to school say hi to you guys , the head to the studio" Replied Gloria , her eyes sparkling.

Everybody was looking at her with amazement, like she had changed 360 degrees since they last saw her. She continued to say "But since I'm here, I'll just stay for a while than head to the studio and tomorrow since its Saturday I have to go shoot the movie next to the lake, so yeah.... Anyway what do we have next period? " . Ella decided to reply and said "We have Mr. Halo's music class ". Excitement was showed in her eyes, Gloria loved music more than anything in the world, she had this connection with music that nobody could understand. After that they all started to chat while Elliot was in his daydream, they headed to music class together, since Gloria decided to stay for a while. They entered music class and some students were shocked to see Gloria, some were excited and happy and some were glaring at her. Mr. Halo was so happy to see Gloria, she was a brilliant singer, and she always came to him for advice. They all sat down and waited to see what Mr. Halo was going to teach them today. "Today I want each of you to take a paper and a pen and write a song about anything! You are going to write about anything that comes to your brain or your soul, anything! Or you can sing a cover" He smiled "You can work as a group or as a duet or a person alone" he said. Everybody ran for a partner, Elliot went to his other friends, Matt, Henry, Sean, Tanner and Patrick went to write their songs alone while Ella Dragged Lana. Leaving Gloria Alone, She was about to start working alone when the classroom opened and a handsome young man came in, almost everybody looked up at him, the teacher stood in front of the class and the young man stood next to him. "Everybody? Can I have your attention? "He clapped his hands "This Is Cole Peters, He will be attending this school with all of you guys! Please make him feel welcomed" he finished and told Cole what they were supposed to do. Gloria was trying to think of a good theme for her song. She felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned around to find Cole standing above her and he said "Do you mind if we work together?" She shook her head no as he pulled a chair and sat on the seat in front of her.