Glasses

~ Marcel's POV ~

"Marcel, wake up." I hear my mother say from the door way. My eyes flutter open to the clock next to my bed, I could barely see anything without my glasses, my hand searches for them on the nightstand until it find what it was looking for.

"Get dressed, it's a school day." My mother coos as she walks downstairs. I sigh. School wasn't fun for a boy like me. I wasn't attractive nor was I popular. I was the nerd of the school and everyone bullied me. I was smart and all of my teachers loved me but the jocks and girls of my school sadly did not.

I pull on my vest and collared shirt with some nice pants and shoes. I look in the mirror and comb my curly hair back and put gel in it for it to stay perfectly intact all day. I frown at what I see in the mirror. I loved to learn, but I just wish I could be invisible to everyone so they didn't pick on me.

School was simple for me, all I had to do was sit alone and get to my class before any of the jocks could catch me.

*********************************

Marcel walked through the halls of his school looking down trying avoid everyone. "Hey Marco" one of the jocks yells from behind him. He freezes and turns around. 'Marco' was the name he was called along with other names but they couldn't care less about what his real name was.

"What can I help you with, William?" Marcel says, just wanting him to leave him alone.

"I just wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine," he says. Marcel gulped, that always meant a new kid will beat him up or make him do the new kids homework for him.

"Who?" Marcel asks. "Louis." William said. Louis stepped forward. He was somewhat tan, he had brown hair and a nice smile. He was dressed in his varsity jacket as he stood there looking at Marcel. "Hello Marco." He says. Marcel stood there, frozen. This boy that stood across the hall from him, was beautiful. Marcel was feeling something he's never felt before. The two made eye contact, and they didn't break it until William said, "Marco get to class before I use you as our football." Marcel scurries to class quickly and sat down in the front of the room in a daze. "Louis." He thought to himself. He smiled as he thought of the boy he had seen before for the rest of the day.