Chapter 1

I hurt myself again today
You lie right there and you say nothing
I do my best to leave this pain
But here we are and we've learned nothing
Better love- Foxes ft. Dan Smith

Lise
It's my birthday. I'm finally eighteen years old! My best friend Ginny just gave me a present. It's a cd called "All This Bad Blood" by a band I've never heard of: BΔstille. Of course it's a really nice present, I'm really happy with it! I only got one problem...

Matt
I hear her before I can see her. Lise returns home. I quickly hide all the photo albums I was looking at, and make some drinks for us. My daughter is an adult now. It's her eighteenth birthday!

"What did Ginny give you?" I ask interested. "Oh, she forgot." She says. "She'll buy me a present and give it tomorrow." I'm not mad, I know my daughter. I know she's lying. But I decide to tease her a bit. "How did you get that cd in your pockets then?" I ask.

Lise
I failed. He noticed the cd. I sight and enter him the cd. For some reason he seems to be more emotional when he looks at the title and the artist. "BΔstille?" He asks. "That band is ridiculous. Never listen to them again."
And he throws the cd in the dustbin.

Matt
She discovered. She isn't allowed to. I don't want to get her into danger. It means I have to forbid her a lot, but safety first...

Hi! I nearly hear you thinking: this isn't a Bastille fanfic anymore, is it?
It still is, but you'll see that later😉