Chapter 9 (REWRITE)

I knew it, I knew that it was all just a game. They are all the same. How could I have been so stupid? Why did I ever start to trust him? He's no better than my last master. All vampires are monsters. A tear rolled down Rose's face as she thought about it even more. "W-why?" Rose stuttered.

Just as she realized her mistake, a sharp pain spread across her face. The impact was so great that the cup slipped from her pale fingers and shattered onto the ground. Her hair was grabbed and she was pulled upright again. She cried out as her back made impact with the counter.

"S-sorry!" Rose cried out to try and prevent further punishment.

Henry's grip in her hair tightened, earning a whimper. "I'm already mad at you for breaking my glass, Pet. Do you want to rephrase that?"

"S-sorry, Master."

"For what?"

"For n-not addressing you as Master a-and for breaking your glass and for speaking without permission. It's m-my fault, Master!" Tears appeared in her eyes.

"Please don't cry, Pet." His finger brushed against her cheek, wiping away a tear. "It's annoying."

"Yes, M-Master."

Slowly, Henry's hand rose to her face and despite how terrified Rose was, she knew not to move. His finger tapped against her busted lip, which had a small spot of blood on it. Pulling his finger away, he tasted the blood and his eyes grew even darker. His fangs descended.

Rose's eyes widened in fear at the aspect of knowing what would happen next.

"Wait, no! Master, please! No! NO!" Rose cried out.

Henry's fangs sank into her neck and she screamed in pain. Her hands pushed against his body as she tried to get away, but struggling only seemed to increase the pain. It felt like a dagger was slowly being pushed into her skin and muscle. A few seconds went by before it faded to a suctioned feeling.

Rose started to cry again, knowing that she was going to die at the hands of one of the only vampires that was nice to her, even if it was just for a cruel game.

Her legs started to shake as she became weaker. She felt her body go numb and saw black spots cloud her vision. "M-master, please." Rose pleaded; her voice barely audible. She felt blood trickle down her neck as he continued to gulp her blood, paying no attention to her pleas.

This is how I'm going to die . . . just like my family did. She whimpered. I thought he was different. I thought he was actually nice. I thought. . . . Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as her body went limp in his arms.

Henry relentlessly drank her blood. It had been a long time since he had drunken blood, especially AB Negative type. After a few seconds, he finally felt full. He let go of Rose, and her lifeless body hit the ground, falling into the spilled water and broken glass. Blood continued to slip through the holes in her neck.

Henry licked his lips before he froze. Why is there AB Negative blood on my lips? He thought for a second, then it hit him. Rose! He looked down and saw her lifeless body on the ground. No, no, no, no, no, he thought frantically. He quickly bent down and cradled Rose in his arms. Listening for a heartbeat, he found a very faint one.

He licked the wound, healing the two holes on her neck. A tear rolled down his face as he saw new bruises on her face. What have I done? He pulled Rose closer to him and lightly cried on her shoulder. His arms were wrapped around her. She laid limply on his lap, her head resting on his chest. He continued to cradle Rose in his arms, gently rocking himself and her back and forth. How have I hurt her? Henry thought. I told her I wouldn't hurt her, and now I've nearly killed her. Another tear rolled down his face.

Quickly, he decided that he needed to get Rose somewhere more comfortable. He picked her up bridal style and carried her up to her room. One of her arms rested on top of her chest, and the other limp arm was dangling over her side, swaying with every step that Henry took. Her chest rose and fell with each heavy breath.

Henry laid her down on her bed as he did so her shirt came up a little showing some of her stomach and the very bottom of her rib cage. A white line ran from the back of her ribs, and it seemed to go to her back. He gently turned Rose over on her side so he could see her back. His eyes widened when he saw a few angular, jagged scars on her back. Some bruises from her time at the Shop were beginning to heal, but they were still faded colors of blues and yellows.

He turned Rose on her back and put the covers over her aware that the water coating her clothes was probably making her cold. He gently touched the now purple bruise that was forming on her cheek and observed her busted lip.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered as he retracted his hand.

He walked away from Rose and sat down against the wall next to the door, resting his head on his knees. How could I have done this to her? She'll probably never trust me again. What have I done? How could have I done this to her? He ran his fingers through his hair.

The familiar pain of tears in his eyes appeared. All he wanted to do was break down but that wouldn't help her slow recovery. The hospitals didn't take good care of humans. They treated them worse than dogs. There was a limit to the amount of blood that they could give to the pets. It would be suspicious if Henry told them he wanted his pet to live.

Henry sighed deeply. Now, all he had to do was wait for Rose to wake up and hopefully forgive him.

Thank you as always for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote. ;)

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get money. It's completely free for u guys and I would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! (Link in bio)

THE BOOK ON HERE ONLY HAS TWENTY CHAPTERS - I WAS FORCED TO TAKE DOWN 40 ON HERE - BUT ON INKITT IM ADDING BACK A CHAPTER A WEEK UNTIL I REACH CHAPTER 54 (ONLY 10 CHAPTERS LEFT) BEFORE I CAN'T POST ON THERE. JUST A HEAD UP THAT IF YOU WANT TO READ THE ENTIRE BOOK, IM SORRY TO SAY, THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY IT.

THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!! THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON AND GOODREADS!!!! THIS BOOK IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON IBOOKS, NOOK, KOBO, SCRIBED, 24 SYMBOLS, !NDIGO, AND ANDERSON AND ROBERTSON. GO BUY AND REVIEW IT THERE TOO!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile