Chapter Eight

I unwrapped my arms from Harry's neck and took a step back. I was embarrassed, but ready to take his reaction. "Obviously you have been too busy to let me know how you are. It didn't have to be everyday, but you told me nothing. I waited for a call or at least a text. You could have at least thought about your best friend." Austin was pacing the floor and I could see his anger showing. "Does this mean we are over? As friends? I mean you haven't spoken to me once in weeks! Did you expect that I wouldn't worry? I was worried sick! I even-"

"Enough! Okay? That's enough!" Harry shouted. It was really unexpected and so I jumped. "Eryn does not have to hear this! It is not her fault! She can do what she wants and a best friend would let her." A vein was visible from Harry's neck and his face was red, filled with fury. I have never seen him that mad. It scared me to know something like that existed in him.

"Because you would know, right?" Austin yelled back. "You have four best friends. How would it have felt if they left without letting you know how they were or what was going on with them?"

"If they had a reason, I would understand. Eryn had a reason. You should understand." They fought back and forth. I stood there, horrified. 'Why did it have to come to this?' I thought. Hearing their voices over each other's was paining me. I felt a rush of anger go through me and I was done.

"STOP!" I yelled and banged on the counter. They both fell into silence. "Harry, I can deal with this myself. Will you please step out so I can straighten it out?" I gave him a stare. They glared at each other as he walked out with an attitude. "Austin, listen. You are just overreacting. Please," I looked up at him, grasping his shirt. He pushed my hands away and gave me a look, "Overreacting? I am not overreacting! You should have let me know!" He grabbed my shoulder and shook me. I have never seen him that mad at me. Ever. "Austin..." I held his jawline. His mood changed in his eyes. He pulled me into him and held me tightly. I hugged him back. "I'm sorry.." his faint voice whispered, "I just really missed you. I missed you so much."

"I know.." I held his waist and dug my face into his neck, "it's my fault.." Feeling it in real life was better than dreaming it. He pulled away and his brown eyes were staring deep into both of my eyes. "But why didn't you call?" I whispered. "I thought about it. I really did.. I'm sorry." He hugged me once more. I had a feeling Harry was watching us, but for the moment, I didn't care. I wanted to catch things up with my best friend. We were on the couch, telling each other how we've been. He then brought up the conversation I knew was bugging his mind. "So... are you and Harry like.. a thing now?" I thought about it for a second, realizing Harry never did ask me, though he did act like we were. "No. We're just friends." He looked away as though he knew I was a liar, "That's not what it looked like earlier." he faked a smile. I held his cheek, slightly caressing it, and then I pinched him. "Don't worry about me and Harry. He hasn't asked me a thing." I drew my arm back beside me and gave him a convincing smile. As we sat there in silence for a bit, I asked myself what I would do, what I was supposed to think.

"I bet you can't stand not being around him." he grinned. I tried to act like myself, "Haha. Yeah, he's so gorgeous! I still can't believe I'm here," he looked away, rubbing his neck, "and that you get to be here with me."

"I honestly did not believe you would come this far. I mean, I know you were, like, totally obsessed with them and stuff, but getting to actually live with them? Ér, you're just too lucky." I smiled at his comment. "Yeah. I think I am.."

"I know you are. There are millions of girls dying to even get to see them. But you're living with them. Too lucky." He chuckled. Harry poked his head through the door. He looked like he was calmed down. "Um.. It's getting pretty late. You two should head to bed." I got up before Austin and walked to the door as he walked behind me, "Alright, Harry. Should I show Austin his room?" He shook his head, "Noooo, I think I can handle it. You go to bed first." I glanced back at Austin, who was getting his luggage set and walked up to Harry to follow him to his new room. Harry let me pass through first and I got to my room. I turned the lamp on and laid on my bed, "Jeez.. What will I do?" I whispered to myself.