Chapter 21

So, if you're wondering why this is an early update, it's because I have my ball on Saturday then I'm at an after-party till 3am on Sunday so I probably won't want to do anything, so I decided that I would do an update today, but next week it will be back to normal updates on Sunday :)

I was having so much fun at the party. I was being even crazier than usual if that was even possible, dancing around with everyone, except for Harry who I couldn't find. Suddenly a blue light shot through the canopy into the middle of the dance floor, and everyone stood around it in a circle, afraid.

"The ministry has fallen." the patronous said. "The minister of magic is dead. They are coming..." it vanished and all hell broke loose, people panicking everywhere.

"Ron! Ron!" I shouted, trying to find him in the chaos. I suddenly saw some red hair and I knew it was him running to me and he grabbed my hand as we tried rushing through the people. I suddenly saw Hermione and grabbed her hand and we found Harry talking to Lupin. Hermione grabbed his hand and we suddenly ended up in the middle of a road. Luckily we pulled back onto the pavement and started walking.

"Where are we?" Ron asked, obviously not accustomed to the muggle world.

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come here to the theatre with my mum and dad. Just popped into my head. I dont know why..." she said as we walked. "This way." she pointed us into an alley. "We need to change." she pulled 2 pairs of jeans and t-shirts out of her bag for the boys, a pair of jeans, a top and a jacket for herself and the same for me. I quickly changed into the black jeans, red crochet flowy crop top and black adidas jacket, adding the black doc martens that Hermione also gave me.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=172794959

"How the bloody-?" Ron asked.

"Undetectable extension charm." Hermione replied.

"Dude you're amazing." I said, hugging her.

"Always the tone of surprise." she said with a smirk.

-

We were sitting in the booth of a coffee shop in the train station. I was sitting with Ron on one side and Harry and Hermione were on the other

"Do you reckon everything's alright at the wedding?" Harry asked. "Maybe we should-"

"They were after you mate. We'd just put everyone in danger going back." Ron replied.

"Ron's right." I said, and I saw a waitress coming up to us and Ron, Harry and I all looked at eachother.

"Cappuccino please." Hermione said.

"What she said." Harry said.

"Same." Ron said.

"Make that four." I said with a smile.

"Wicked scar." the waitress said looking at Harry before leaving.

"So where do we go from here?" Ron asked, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"The Leaky Cauldron?" I suggested.

"Too dangerous. If Voldemort's taken over the ministry, none of the old places are safe." Hermione said.

Then the door opened and Ron and I looked up as Hermione and Harry turned around. We saw two workers walk in, glance at us then go up to the counter.

"My rucksack. With all my things. I left it at the burrow." Hermione said.

"Same." I said.

"DOWN!" Harry shouted, and we all ducked even though we had no clue why.

"Stupefy!" He shouted, pointing his wand.

"Expulsio!" one of the men, who I knew now were death eaters, shouted.

I suddenly felt a scratch on my cheek as glass flew everywhere but I had to ignore it.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I shouted, stunning the second death eater.

"Go!" Ron shouted and I turned to see the waitress bolting out of the door.

"Lock the door. Get the lights." Harry said, and Hermione, Ron and I walked around quickly, turning out the lights, locking the door and pulling down the blinds before walking back over to Harry.

"This ones name's Rowle. He was on the astronomy tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore." Harry said.

"This is Dolohov. I recognise him from the wanted poster." Ron said.

He kicked him over with his foot and the man looked from Ron to me to Hermione frantically. "So what do we do with you huh? Kill us if it was turned round wouldn't you?" I looked at him feeling slightly uneasy, as I had never seen this side of Ron. "Suppose it's him that did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then?" he asked, and I knew he had me there.

"It's better we wipe their memories." Harry said. "We kill them, they'll know we were here."

"You're the boss." Hermione said, and I saw her glance at me.

"El?" Ron said. I looked at him and he reached out, wiping something off my cheek which I assumed was blood. "You're the best with these kinds of spells."

I looked over to Dolohov and pointed at him with my wand, my hand trembling. "Obliviate." I said and there was a flash of light before we exited and were walking on the street, and Ron's hand was in mine and we walked.

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asked.

"Maybe you still have the trace on you." I suggested.

"Can't be. The trace breaks at 17. It's wizarding law." Ron said.

Suddenly Hermione stopped and Ron, Harry and I looked back at her.

"What?" Ron and I said simultaneously.

"We didn't celebrate your birthday Harry. Ginny, Ellie and I, we'd prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding..." Hermione said.

"Hermione - and El - I appreciate the thought honestly. But given that we were almost killed by death eaters a few minutes ago..." Harry said.

"Right. Perspective." Hermione said.

"We've got to get off the streets. Somewhere safe." Ron said.

"I have an idea." Harry said.

We soon arrived at Grimmauld Place and Harry tapped the door marked number 12 and there was a large number of clicks before the door swung open and we stepped inside. We glanced around then Harry took a step forward.

"Mad-Eye...?" he asked.

Suddenly a rush of cold air swept through the hallway and something shaped like a persons head came rushing at us, looking exactly like Dumbledore. I grabbed Ron's hand as I was terrified and it suddenly exploded in front of us.

"What was that about?" Ron asked.

"Mad-Eye's doing I'd guess. In case Snape decided to come snooping." Hermione replied.

Just then a floorboard creaked and we all stiffened. I shakily pulled out my wand and pointed it at the shadows.

"Homenum revelio." I said. Nothing happened and I lowered my wand. "It's a spell to reveal human presence." I explained. "We're alone."

Love you awesome nerds & unicorns xox