Chapter 23

We stepped outside, all in our disguises.

"In case you're interested, I'm Reg Mattermole, Magical Maintenance Department." Ron said.

"Mafalda Hopkirk, assistant in the Improper Use of Magic Office." Hermione said.

"Jasmine Oldbrook, no specific job on here." I said.

"I'm nobody." Harry said, patting his pockets.

"You're somebody. Be careful." Hermione said.

"Morning Reg! Good luck today." someone said, and we turned to see a wizard walking past.

"Oh...yeah. Thanks." Ron said, obviously confused.

"What do you reckon he meant by good luck?" Ron asked.

"No clue." I said.

Hermione and I entered the females public toilets and looked at each other before we stepped in the cubicle.

"We just step in?" I heard Hermione ask.

"I guess..." I said and I stepped in. I heard a flush next to me and proceeded to flush my toilet.

Within seconds I was next to Hermione inside the ministry. We walked forward and saw a structure of people being crushed by something with a witch and wizard sitting upon it. We stood in front of it and looked at each other in disgust.

"Are those?" I heard a voice from beside me, and I knew it was Harry.

"Muggles. In their rightful place." I said in disgust.

We continued looking at the statue until we noticed that someone had bumped into Harry.

"Move it will you--oh Runcorn! Forgive me..." a wizard said, and we looked at each other.

"You appear to be quite popular." Hermione said, a small smile on her face.

"I gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit." I heard Ron say from next to him, as more people apologised and wished him luck as they passed us.

Just then we saw a group of younger looking wizards passing, pushing a small group of people, captives.

"The ministry must be hiring young these days." Harry said.

"They're not ministry. They're snatchers." Ron said.

"They hunt muggles and blood traitors for a price right?" I said.

"Right." Ron replied.

"How long did you say this batch of polyjuice potion would last Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I didn't..." Hermione said, looking down.

We then walked forward and got into a lift. The doors were then stopped by a man who was looking at Ron.

"Cattermole! It's still raining in my office. Two days now." he said, glaring at Ron.

"Really? Have you tried an umbrella?" Ron asked, and let out a small giggle which I managed to smother with a cough.

"You do realise that I'm on my way downstairs don't you Cattermole?" the man asked.

"Downstairs?" Ron asked, confused.

"To interrogate your wife." the man said, obviously annoyed. "if my wife's blood status were in doubt and the head of department of magical law enforcement needed a job doing, I think I'd make it a priority. You've got one hour." he said, before releasing the doors.

"Oh my god. What am I going to do? My wife's all alone downstairs." Ron said.

"You don't have a wife Ron." Harry and I chorused.