Chapter 31 - Deathly Hallows part 2

I was in a small house with Bill, Fleur, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Luna. Ron had me sitting on his knees, his arms wrapped around my waist as if he was too scared to let me go.

"It's beautiful here." Luna said.

"It was our aunts. We used to come here as kids. The order uses it as a safe house - what's left of us at least." Bill said.

"Muggles think these keep evil away." Luna said, tapping the windchime. "But they're wrong..."

"I need to talk to the goblin." Harry said.

I took Ron's hand and pulled him up and we followed Harry, still holding hands, as did Hermione. Bill knocked on a door and opened it, stepping aside to let us in.

"How are you?" Harry asked Griphook as Bill retreated.

"Alive." Griphook replied.

"You probably don't remember-" Harry said.

"that I showed you to your vault the first time you visited Gringotts? Even amongst goblins you are famous Harry Potter." Griphook said, then he nodded to the window. "You buried the elf. I saw you."

"Yeah." Harry replied, and I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"And brought me here. You are a very curious wizard." Griphook said.

"Why did you leave Gringotts?" Harry asked.

"Soon the death eaters will control it. That was unacceptable to me." Griphook said.

"Then you're on our side." Ron said.

"This is a wizards war. I take no side." Griphook replied.

"I need to get inside Gringotts, into one of the vaults." Harry said.

"It is impossible." Griphook replied.

"Alone, yes. With you, no." Harry said.

"How did you come by this sword?" Griphook asked, looking at the sword placed in the corner of the room.

"It's complicated. Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault at Gringotts?" Harry asked.

"It's complicated." Griphook replied.

"The sword presented itself to us in a moment of need. We didn't steal it." Harry said.

"There is a sword in Madame Lestrange's vault identical to this one, but it is a fake. It was placed there this past summer." Griphook said.

"And she never suspected?" I questioned.

"The replica is very convincing. Only a goblin would recognise that this is the true sword of Gryffindor." Griphook said.

"Who put it there? The fake?" Ron asked.

"It was not my place to ask, nor did I desire to. There are more than a few curious things in the vaults at Gringotts." Griphook said.

"And in Madame Lastrange's vault as well?" Harry asked.

"Perhaps." Griphook replied.

"I have gold. Lots of it." Harry said.

"I have no interest in gold." Griphook replied.

"Then what?" Harry asked.

Griphook turned his head to look at the sword. "That is my price." he said.

"All right." Harry said, and Ron, Hermione and I looked at each other in shock.

"I have your word, Harry Potter, that you will give me the sword of Gryffindor if I help you?" Griphook asked, extending his hand which Harry took and shook.

-

We were walking down the hall, Hermione and Harry in front and Ron and I behind, and Ron still refused to take his hand out of mine. We stopped outside a door and I knew that it was Mr Ollivanders, the wand makers.

"He's too weak." I heard Fleur say, but she let us into the room.

We saw Mr Ollivander sitting on a chair in the corner. When we entered he gave us a weak smile.

"Forgive me if I don't get up." he said.

"Mr Ollivander, I need to ask you a few questions." Harry said.

"Anything my boy, anything." Ollivander replied.

"Can you identify these sir?" Harry asked, taking out two wands. He gave the longest to Ollivander who stared at it.

"Walnut and dragon heartstring. 12 3/4 inches. Unyielding. This belongs to Bellatrix Lestrange." Ollivander replied.

Harry took it back from him and gave him the other wand. "And this?" he asked.

"Hawthorn. Unicorn hair. 10 inches. Reasonably plaint. This was the wand of Draco Malfoy." he replied, handing the wand back to Harry.

I let out a small choke and Hermione took my hand in hers, smiling at me comfortingly.

"Was? Isn't it still?" Harry asked.

"Perhaps not...if you won it from him. I sense it's allegiances have changed." Ollivander said.

"You talk about wands like they've got feelings. Can think." Harry said.

"The wand chooses the wizard Mr Potter. That much has always been clear to those of us who have suited wandlore." Ollivander said.

"What do you know about the deathly hallows?" I asked.

"There are rumored to be three: the elder wand, the cloak of invisibility that hides you from your enemies and the resurrection stone. It is said that to possess them all is to make oneself the Master of Death. But few truly believe that such objects exist-" Ollivander said.

"But you sir. Do you believe they exist?" Harry asked.

"I see no reason to put stock in an old wives tale-" Ollivander started.

"You're lying. You know one exists and you told him about it. You told him about the elder wand and where to go looking for it." Harry said.

"He tortured me. Besides, I conveyed only rumors. There's no guarantee he will find it-" Ollivander said.

"He has found it sir." Harry said, and Ollivander looked stunned. "That's all sir. We'll leave you to get some rest now."

We began to leave when I heard Ollivander's voice from behind.

"He's after you Mr Potter. If it's true what you say, that he has the elder wand, I'm afraid you really don't stand a chance."

"Then I guess I'll just have to kill him before he finds me sir." Harry said and we exited the room.

Love you awesome nerds & unicorns xox