six.

{ Piper up above/in media! } 😻👆🏾

Piper's POV

I sat in front of the institution as I checked my phone clock. It was almost time to check Jacob out. "Ugh. Where is this idiot?" I decided to go inside to see what was taking him so long.

I stepped inside smelling the fresh sent of lemonade. "Hi. I was wondering if I can see Jacob Perez?" The middle aged lady looked at me oddly.  "Honey, Jacob Perez is in solitary confinement. He's not allowed to see or have any contact with anyone."

I widened my eyes in confusion. "I thought he was supposed to get out today?" I stammered tapping my fingers on her wooden desk. She noticed my anxiety as she glanced at my hands back to my face. "I'm sorry. Maybe you can try to see him during visiting hours but I'm very sure that'll be impossible. You can always try again tomorr-"

I walked out the door and slammed it shut. There was no way he can be in solitary confinement. He just got a paper saying he was going to be released.

I got inside my car and slammed it shut with force. My head banged on the wheel several times as I rubbed my temples. I heard my phone get a notification as an unknown number popped up.

- Its me, Jacob. meet me at willberry park, asap.

I stared at the text in confusion, but decided to go to the park to seek Jacob.

-

I parked in the small driveway and hesitantly stepped out. The cold air hit my arms as I wished I could've brought a jacket considering it was winter outside.

I tried searching for a big afro and I finally saw him sitting on a bench nervously looking around. "Jacob!" I yelled towards his direction jogging to the bench. "What are you doing here?"

He deeply exhaled blowing white frosty air. "I snuck out." He said with no emotion. I looked around to see if anyone was around and sat beside him. "How?" One of the employees said you were in solitary confinement."

"Do you have a cigarette?" He asked nonchalantly. I quickly nodded and gave him a pack of marlboros. He quickly took a lighter out of his pocket and took a few puffs. "They claimed I raped Laura."

I sucked in a breath widening my eyes in shock. "What?! Why?" He shrugged his shoulders and took 2 more puffs before continuing. "Laura told them that I raped her, and they believed her and put me in solitary confinement." I shook my head in disbelief. "How did you sneak out?!" He looked at me foolishly.

"The security guards are fucking stupid. Besides, I'm capable of doing anything." He turned away and continued to take puffs. I gulped and rubbed my hands on my arms shuddering as he turned back towards me and put the cigarette out.

"You cold?" I nodded staring at the grass beneath us. Jacob took off his sweatshirt and handed it to me swiftly. "Jacob, you don't hav-"

"Just take it." His eyes scanned around the playground as if he were thinking about something. I put the sweatshirt on over my head in a swift movement. His sweatshirt smelled of baby lotion and cologne. I closed my eyes and continued to smell as he laughed at me. "What are you doing?" My cheeks flushed a bright pink as I opened eyes.

"Girls love when guys give them their jackets." I informed. He furrowed his eyebrows. "But why?" I half smiled "It makes the girl feel safe, and comfortable."