Twenty Three.

Jacob's POV
"Everyday, i'm missing you more and more. I know you wont ever forgive me, and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself either. I just needed to do the right thing, and I hope you unders"

I stopped writing and erased the entire page. For the second time. I was trying to write Piper a letter, I couldn't get my thoughts onto the paper. "Do you need help?" Anthony, my bunk roommate dropped down from his top bunk. "No." I crumbled the paper throwing it into the trashcan. "What's the matter? Let me guess, your girl at home, she's pregnant, and you're never gonna be able to see the baby?" I rolled my eyes throwing the pencil on the floor. "I just don't know what to do. Maybe turning myself in wasn't the best idea." He chuckled loudly as he put himself into push up position. "Yeah dumb ass. Now your ass is stuck with a kid and in debt for child support." He began doing push ups grunting with every one.

"She's not pregnant, I just miss her." He continued to do the push ups as the shattering sound of the bars slowly creaked open and an officer barging into the bunk. "Perez?" His deep voice echoed the entire room. "You have someone here to see you." I looked at Anthony as he just shrugged and got back to doing push ups. I followed the officer out of the bunk as the usual catcalling from other men proceeded as I began to walk. "Imma call you curly fries!" I didn't know where it came from so I just kept walking. "Do you know who's here to see me?" He began speeding up his pace as I continued to follow closely behind.

He opened the door and a man with a business suit was seated at the other side of the table. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Hands." I held my wrist out towards the officer as he slid the cold hard metal handcuffs onto my wrist. The officer slightly pushed me into the seat as the man gave me a cold stare. "You don't have to be here officer." The officer stood in the corner of the room with his hands behind his back. "I insist, he needs high level security you don't know what he's capable of."

"It's not a question, it's a demand. I need to speak to him alone. Thank you." The officer scoffed as he took the man's orders. "I reckon you are Jacob Perez, correct?" I nodded my head as he brought out a brief case with a bunch of papers scattered over the table. "I'm James Whitney, you're lawyer for your case." I widened my eyes in shock. "Lawyer? But why? What case?" He took out a file of papers facing them in front of me. "You've been charged for raping three girls in 2015 which placed you in the mental facility in the beginning, and you have also been charged with attempted escapade of your mental facility. You are facing 55 years in state prison unless proven not guilty." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I thought the rape case was over. I was placed in a mental facility because of it and the case was finished." James shook his head as he began organizing his papers. "They've decided to step forward and want justice."

I felt the anger boil in the pit of my stomach. "Justice?! They've gotten their justice! I've been thrown in a crazy home for half of my life because of them!" He rubbed his temples sighing. "I know. However, once they heard you've escaped they want revenge. They want you to be thrown in prison for a lifetime sentence." I felt anger rise as I started fiddling with my handcuffs. "Look kid, i'm going to try to help you as much as I can. You need to cooperate." I clenched my jaw. I was absolutely infuriated. I wish Piper was here to calm me down.

"If you are proven not guilty, then you will have no jail time. However you will be monitored by police for the next month. If you are proven guilty, you will spend the next 55 years of your life in federal prison with no parole." My heart started beating fast as I felt my anxiety coming back. 55 years? I would never be able to live a normal life. Have kids, or marry the love of my life.  "You're lucky you have someone who cares about you enough to call me. I'm one of the top 10 lawyers in the state of California." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who called you?"

"My old client's daughter. Piper. She said she needed my help desperately." I felt a large lump form in the back of my throat. "She did?" I held back tears as he shook his head. "Yep. So it's imperative that we win this case. Shes counting on you." I've never loved someone so much like I love Piper.